• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • World Champs, where to watch on Sunday
  • swisstony
    Free Member

A friend said it was $15 on Freecaster but i can't seem to find anything, anyone confirm or deny this or is it on TV anywhere?

thanks

finners

Dont know about the price, buts its definitely on freecaster…

Diane
    Free Member

Can't see it on Eurosport 🙁

neil853
    Free Member

do you know what, i would pay the money but how do you know that the feed is going to be good quality? i know mine is 'intermittent' and before anyone says no its not my connection because thats the only page i have issues with.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Can't see it on Extreme.tv either – I'm sure I've seen some of the earlier rounds live on there.

swisstony
    Free Member

i don't think the feed will be any different it's just that they've charged you so if you have problems already you'll probably still have them.

neil853
    Free Member

not for me then eh 🙄

swisstony
    Free Member

found the charge bit on freecaster and it is $14.99 🙁

never mind good excuse for a world champs party and everyone can chip in!

fbk
    Free Member

I have to agree with Neil853 – I'd love to have watched the World Cup on Freecaster but had to settle for Eurosport (with the sound turned down) as I could never get a stable link (fast home internet connection or at work). I certainly wouldn't risk paying money for the same result – shame as I'd happily support freecaster otherwise.

coogan
    Free Member

$15 to watch people cycle down a hill?! No thanks.

Coyote
    Free Member

What time is it on?

MSP

$15 is just far too much (how much is that in ponds now about 10?), I would have gone to about half that if they could guarantee broadcast quality, I actually think downhilling is a great sport to watch on TV, and I enjoy Rob Warners commentary, but that price is unjustifiable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Still, it's going to be interesting though, Peaty in the stripes, on Peatys best track?

Rickos
    Free Member

Coyote – Member

What time is it on?

Check here – http://dirt.mpora.com/news/mont-sainte-anne-world-championship-schedule.html

Downhill starts with the Juniors at 3.30pm UK time on Sunday. 4X is tonight at 2am UK time.

retro83
    Free Member

Ah ballcocks. Didn't realise they'd be charging for this 🙁 I wanted to watch it but €15 is too much

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

LOL – $15 "too much" to watch the pinnacle of downhhill racing and most of us would pay more than that for a set of brake pads.

Enjoy Halcyon River Diaries, Dragon's Den and Country File – BBC's "free" offerings on at the same time….

DezB
    Free Member

What a crock. A minority sport ok, they've shown the World Cup rounds on Eurosport, comes to the Champs and they want to CHARGE for IT!!? They can absolutely F*** Off.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I enjoyed watching it last week and linked up some friends to it via Facebook,but while theres a charge I wont be watching it. 😥

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Whilst I agree $15 is maybe slightly higher than it could be I don't think that charging is a problem. Why shouldn't they? They are providing a service after all, one that costs them to produce.

If I watch it on Eurosport I still have to (indirectly admittedly) pay Virgin Media for it anyway.

Brycey
    Free Member

Anyone paid to "watch people cycling down a hill"? I got my code no probs, bit there's not much else happening once you put it in, I take the feed will start at 6. Anyone else tried?

Dougal
    Free Member

So you'll quite happily spend £2k on your mincemobile, but won't cough up $15 to support the sport?

That $15 pays for the entire year of World Cup coverage, makes sense to charge for the biggest weekend of the year. Payment also covered the XC yesterday, and if you had bought the pass before the end of August, was only $9.

That payment, Eurosport Player subscription, and occasional Cycling TV membership is considerably cheaper than the TV Licence, and far better value IMO.

DezB
    Free Member

If I watch it on Eurosport I still have to (indirectly admittedly) pay Virgin Media for it anyway.

Exactly. You're already paying for it.

Don't see that paying to watch something is in any way related to paying for a product. Moronic comparison imo.

As said many time in the past (not by me), mtbing isn't actually that entertaining to watch onscreen. So I'd watch it out of interest to see who wins, but absolutely not worth paying for.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘World Champs, where to watch on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.