• This topic has 78 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • World Champs road race weekend
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

And if the U23 was anything to go by there’ll be some cracking last lap action. Plenty there to give the likes of Gilbert, Van Avermat and Stybar hope that they can get one over on the sprinters.

Preview here…

World Championships Road Race Preview

And for the ladies, can anyone beat PFP?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/news/road/pauline-ferrand-prevot-looks-to-pad-historic-resume-in-richmond_386033

And an interesting story from the ladies ITT, pro’s don’t always just ride what they’re told to!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opinion-the-importance-of-respecting-sponsors/

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh and it’s live on the bbc (red button probably) and Eurosport. I think it starts about 6pm and finishes about 9pm. Women tonight, men tomorrow. Probably. I’ve not actually checked 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Cheers for the psa, set to record!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cobbled climb to the finish 😆

Fingers crossed for a drop of rain I hear you say?? You naughty boys 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did you see the U23 men’s…? 🙂

beej

U23s was great, had it on in the background for about 3 hours. All kicked off last lap, I was surprised how big the group was going into it – I thought it would be whittled down more by the cheeky climbs. If it rains it could be carnage on those cobbles.

TooTall
    Free Member

It’s been raining quite a lot here today. Given how little rain we’ve had over the last 2 weeks, the roads are going to be greasy. Forecast is high percentage of rain all day.
    The wide road with all the monuments (Monument Ave) has some cheeky cobbled-ish sections near the monuments and might catch anyone off-guard as well.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve been riding it a fair bit on zwift. The three hills at the end of each lap are complete bastards 🙂
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIz_SjuKQ4c[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks good, must have a play with zwift. Does it control your turbo resistance?

Course definitely has an Ardennes classic feel to it with a bit of cobble and some sharp climbs at the finish.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, controls the resistance. You can change the level of control you want from none, to full realism. People tend to use the default value of 50% realism (so hills feel less steep than reality), just to reduce the number of gear changes.
    Reducing the resistance won’t make you faster on course though, as it’ looking at your power to determine speed.

tang
    Free Member

I hope the tv coverage is better than the U23 last night. Pictures were terrible.

mrblobby
    Free Member

They were awful, hope they can sort it out. Seemed to be pretty predicable, commentators saying “oh we’re at this corner so pictures about to break up”. Must be all the building clutter though you think they’d have tested the route.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant!!!! 🙂

beej

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(Spoiler)

tang
    Free Member

Woooooooo Hoooooo In the bag!!!!

beej

What a great race!

Haze

Get in!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Absolutely stunning, well done Liz.

That was a class sprint, she deserves it.

Couldn’t be happier for her.

tenfoot

Fantastic race. Really pleased that Armisted won. Thought she’d blown it when the breaks weren’t being chased down.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Couldn’t GAS, epic win…

Do you want me to post a pic, y’know.. Just in case…

Epic, couldn’t be more proud.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

On record for later to catch it tomorrow

tenfoot

Do you want me to post a pic, y’know.. Just in case..

?

I agree. It was an epic win.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A good report over at cycling news…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/uci-road-world-championships/elite-women-road-race/results/

See a report on the beeb. Much else in the UK media or is it all about the rugby? Be nice to see Lizzy get the credit she deserves, World Cup overall win last year, and world champ this year, top of her game.

Course seems to be giving some great racing so far, hopefully we get the same in the men’s race tonight.

TooTall
    Free Member

The weather here has improved, the forecast for rain lessened and the roads are drying nicely. It should be a GREAT race.

MSP

Liking the “go lance” sign being held up on libby hill 😆

wilburt
    Free Member

Is there anywhere to watch it live online?

hilldodger
    Free Member

BBC red button 🙂

Oh, online – maybe BBC website?

Or here http://www.steephill.tv/road-cycling-world-championships/#live

hilldodger
    Free Member

Wow!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Finally and not in doubt IMHO ones he went for it

Nice to see he really deserved that both the worlds and the manner

MSP

Awesome, he deserves it for all the recent 2nd places this year

theotherjonv

No spoilers, but GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY!!

hilldodger
    Free Member

60 places down, then just ‘boom’ 🙂

senorj

Bravo .

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not sure why they let him go that far and he had nothing left. Think I could have outsprinted him at the end [ might have needed to start the race with 600 m to go mind ] but once he got that gap it was his

So pleased for him after so often being the nearly man

tang
    Free Member

That was total class!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

That was a master class in cornering! Gaines seconds on the pack through each one.

Classy. 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

mikey74
    Free Member

Not sure why they let him go that far and he had nothing left. Think I could have outsprinted him at the end [ might have needed to start the race with 600 m to go mind ] but once he got that gap it was his

Because everyone else was knackered. He played a very smart game by staying completely anonymous throughout and doing virtually no work.

I was cheering him on at the end and a much deserved World Champion

dirtyrider
    Free Member

welcome back RealMan 😆

i **** love cycling

hilldodger
    Free Member

Is disappointed not to see wheelie finish 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘World Champs road race weekend’ is closed to new replies.