Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • World champs road race SPOILER ALERT
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Place your bets! Most pundits seem to reckon it’ll come down to a sprint from a select group. Could it be Sagan after a disappointing season?

aa
    Free Member

I’ve an ugly feeling valverde will win.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Garrans, Cancellara, Swift in that order.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Hope it’s Sagan for entertainments sake

bikebouy
    Free Member

Vansummeran from a break

Sam

Gerro!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t see a break succeeding, course not selective enough and too many teams wanting to keep the pace high. Degenklob a good shout if fit.

A Valverde win would indeed be disappointing. Hoping the Spanish team succumbs to the usual in fighting.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ladies race live on the bbc in a few mins (red button now). Difficult to look past Voss, though Armistead has to be in with a good chance.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Women’s RR on record, currently sitting in a soft play wishing I’d brought a bloody gas mask, kids coughing everywhere!!! Just read Froome stating GB’s intentions are for Swift, would def like to see him or Geraint take it but not to bothered really as long as we see some good racing with some Spanish infighting thrown in for good measure 😛

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

For those with Sky there’s a BBC channel called BR or something right near the bottom, they’re already showing it and I think they’re repeating it later.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good preview of the men’s race over at inrng.

robidoo
    Free Member

That was a horrible crash for the ladies, hope its not as bad as it looked.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

NZ girl’s cartwheel looked nasty, but she got up. They say Voss involved as well, so Armisteads chance looks even better.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like Vos went down, lost about a minute, back in the pack now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

How come Ferrand-Prevot had to ride in U23 cross country but is allowed to ride in the elite road race? Different UCI rules for XC and road?

br
    Free Member

Just caught the end of the Ladies race; a good training video in how to be at the front, then fanny around and end up getting nowhere 🙄

tang
    Free Member

What happened there? Get a break on then watch as the rest catch you? Shame the 4 couldn’t fight it for the line.

taxi25
    Free Member

Couldn’t believe it !! Don’t know how there legs felt, but to just sit up and get swamped by the chasing pack 🙁
    Made no sense to me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tough choice for the front four. Work at the front and probably end up getting jumped by the other three, or save some energy and try your luck in the bunch sprint.

taxi25
    Free Member

Tough choice for the front four. Work at the front and probably end up getting jumped by the other three, or save some energy and try your luck in the bunch sprint.

Not a bad call for Voss, but winning out of a strong bunch sprint was never going to work for Lizzie.

JCL
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OggK0OgOTk[/video]

Nothing wrong with road bike geometry. They’re designed to fire you out the front if you load the front brake.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Some impressive OTB moments there. Wonder if disc brakes will help stop these kind of pile ups..?

njee20
    Free Member

Holy shit, that looks horrific!

JCL
    Free Member

Some impressive OTB moments there. Wonder if disc brakes will help stop these kind of pile ups..?

Nowt wrong with the brakes. In those conditions anyway.

Handlebar position way in front of the tyre contact patch is another matter though.

Marge
    Free Member

Greg Van Avermaet for the win (or Gerrans if it stays as a group)
    Here in Belgium Tom Boonen is speaking very confidently but don’t see that coming off despite his classics palmares.

I cannot see any chance for Team GB sadly….

Cancellara will be super strong I expect but won’t be given an inch.

mrblobby
    Free Member

GVA on good form too having won GP Wallonie the other week.

Having seen how the women’s race panned out I suspect it’ll be a largish group that sprint it out. Can’t see enough teams wanting to make it hard enough to really thin it out. I’m putting my money on Kristoff.

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone watching this on the BBC website?

PJ266
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Is it me or is the faux foreign pronunciation of the names by the female commentator getting a little annoying 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not as annoying as Ligget. Hope he’s not doing the coverage when bbc2 pick it up.

All pretty dull so far. All the action saved for the last lap?

speckledbob
    Free Member

Could be anyone today. So I’m going to say Degenkolb. This rain will make it interesting.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Is it me or is the faux foreign pronunciation of the names by the female commentator getting a little annoying

I think she must speak Dutch/Flemish by the way she was pronouncing the Belgian riders names.

psling
    Free Member

Well, that was an intelligent move and it paid off. How cool was he coasting over the line!

Sam

Awesome ride by Kwiatkowski but he would have been caught if anyone other than Gilbert had done some work in that chase group.

rOcKeTdOg

My Polish boss will now be even more unbearable

timb34
    Free Member

Hit refresh and you can see the Kudos ticking upwards!

mrblobby
    Free Member

So 500W for two and a half minutes after 150 miles is what it takes to win the worlds (oh and brilliant timing, judgement, tactics, and a heap of good luck 🙂 )

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘World champs road race SPOILER ALERT’ is closed to new replies.