Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • World Champs DH…can I watch it for free anywhere?
  • lister

Freecaster seem to want $14 for the pleasure, anyone know if the broadcast will be anywhere else?
    It's Sunday night about 8pmish I think…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Might be on Eurosport but best thing to do is organise a party for Sunday night and split the cost. $14 is worth it for Mr Warners comentry. They were saying they had full camera coverage of the entire course for this one so should be best one so far – oh and its probably going to be wet so big crashes

jam-bo

$14 is worth it for Mr Warners comentry

i'd pay $14 to get the feed without his commentary,

fbk
    Free Member

I'd pay $14 if I thought there was a chance of getting a stable feed that didn't stop every minute or so.

GW
    Free Member

me too.. freecaster has been like a radio station with a slideshow for every round this year for me.

Jambo _ I thought you "got" DH? obviously not 😕

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I'd pay $14 if I thought there was a chance of getting a stable feed that didn't stop every minute or so

I was hoping (perhaps naively) that with the subscription, there should be a hell of a lot less people drawing on the server?

simondbarnes

I'd pay $14 to get Warner's commentary without the pictures.

richwales

I was going to sign up for this – is the feed really that bad that it's unwatchable?

marsdenman
    Free Member

I'm not 'into' DH meself (riding) but I do like the spectacle of it (watched the last part of the Fort Bill coverage when I remembered it was on..) so had pondered doing the 'party thing', setting up the pj and screen for it but
    a. i forgot
    b. if the feed is that bad..

GSuperstar
    Free Member

The feed isn't that bad it depends on your connection. There were lots of people moaning about stuttering vidos on the live chat at the last round, I as well as my friend didnt get anything but pure perfection.

So just check you have a good connection, no laptops running in the background, downloads going on etc.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"I'd pay $14 if I thought there was a chance of getting a stable feed that didn't stop every minute or so."

The live is totally unwatchable for me and I'm close to max for my copper. And yet if I watch the replays a week later, they are perfect. Which means it's their servers that can't cope with demand for live. They never have and never will until they get bought out by a proper media company who can provide the equipment. But I expect that would mark the end Mr Warner and his fruity commentary.

In conclusion: If I had any confidence that the live would be watchable, I'd pay.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If it's on Eurosport then EverythingonTV will have it – if it's up.

MyP2P have if tonight so it'll be on there tomorrow too I'm sure. A lot of their feeds play through mediaplayer but you may want to download sopcast, TVants etc to cover other feeds available.

mike_check
    Free Member

myP2P links to Freecaster so that's no good, had a look at that earlier!

chvck
    Free Member

I have no issues with the freecaster feed. Have watched a fair few rounds of the DH and 4X this year and only have the very occasional stutter. I'm going down the party route and chipping in with a few other people.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘World Champs DH…can I watch it for free anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.