Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Workstands at Ribble
  • Scapegoat

Time for a new workstand. The cheap Lidl one has finally chosen to hack me off enough to start looking for a new one. Not a very big budget, so I’m looking at Ribble. They have the alu Bike Tool one, well reviewed, for £55, or a couple from Trivio, the Expert for £63 or the Pro for £53.

Has anybody got any experience of the Trivio ones? I can find some details online for the Expert, which is all steel with a QR clamp, which to my reasoning is probably better value than the Bike Tool alloy one. (The Trivio looks like it has a parts tray as well, which isn’t shown on the Bike Tool one.)

Any views?

andyl
    Free Member

had the bike tool one. Flex in the head annoyed me. Otherwise it was really nice to use but mine was just not stiff enough when clamping the seat post.

Then had the Trivio expert one and just didn’t like the construction.

Ended up with the Aldi one which was much more sturdy but carpel tunnel problems meant I always had trouble with the clamp.

Now have a Feedback sports sport model and it is fantastic (knob much easier for me to use) but I also like the Park PCS10 which is a bargain at £100 at the moment if you shop around.

andyl
    Free Member

The Minoura ones are very good too. In fact some of the best I have tried as the clamp is very good with QR and tighten and notch rotate stop.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

I brought a park tools pcs10 along with a wheel trying attachment (yet to use that other than straightening a few old wheels when it first arrived). The stand itself is better than any I’ve had before, and I’ve owned a few such as cheap ebay ones that clamp under bottom tube(and crush hoses) as well as the Aldi one. The park seems a lot stronger and sturdier and clamps better without twisting when at odd angles!
    I got it from evomtb.co.uk for £90 which was cheaper than chain reaction or anywhere else I could find!

This is the stand…
    http://www.evomtb.co.uk/pcs10

They also have the pcs9 slightly cheaper, not sure on the differences, other than I know the wheel trying jig won’t fit on the 9 and for £20 difference I think the 10 is probably better from what peoe have said

This is the pcs9
    http://www.evomtb.co.uk/PCS9

shotsaway
    Free Member

The cheap Lidl one has finally chosen to hack me off enough to start looking for a new one.

Same here, so 3 weeks ago I bought a Park Tools PCS9 from Amazon for £69.

Comparing the stands are like chalk and cheese.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Workstands at Ribble’ is closed to new replies.