Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Workstands and droppers ..
  • iainc

What do folks tend to do about clamping ? I usually put a clean rag round reverb/giant contact and clamp it carefully.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bit of inner tube. Having said that, I’d happily pay a few quid for something that wraps around and lips over the top to protect the saddle cradle as well.

Idea inspired by the giant d-fuse seatpost work stand adaptors. Maybe even have something that clamps around the dropper collar as well to help with location.

DickBarton

I ‘clamp’ on frame…just balance bike in clamp but not closed.

Onzadog
    Free Member
    iainc

Occasionally clamp lightly on frame as well if no wheels in and don’t tighten much, always wary of horror stories of crushed tubes. Bikes are steel, alloy, carbon. similarly I don’t put the carbon road bike on Thule 591 carrier…

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

I normally lower post, slide dropper to minimum insertion point and clamp on the bottom part of the dropper (not the stanchion).

Never had an issue.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I use the frame as there is nothing but dropper sticking out my frames and I have a GD anyway.

I have a heavy work stand though so it copes with a little bit of lack of even weighting though

thegreatape
    Free Member

Clamp horizontal, round top tube, not too tight.

chrishc777
    Free Member

mine go in round top tube with or without dropper

Onzadog
    Free Member

Didn’t used to be a problem with the old bikes. One had a lev so got swapped for an old alloy one. The other bike with a reverb, the post was compressed and raised in the frame to clamp the stanchion.

Now, both bikes are plastic with stealth posts so previous methods don’t work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Workstands and droppers ..’ is closed to new replies.