Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Workstands – advice needed
  • doom_mountain

Going to buy a workstand with my xmas vouchers.
    £150 max, Park PCS10 looks good, worth the extra over the PCS9?
    Any opinions good or bad greatly appreciated

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve got a PCS9. Great stand – ideally I would have liked the quick clamping of the PCS10 but for the use I give it, not worth the extra £30 or so. If you use it really regularly, definitely go for the PCS10

mattstreet

Have the PCS10 – very useful bit of kit.

Would second the comment above about quick release clamp – whatever make/model you go for I’d recommend getting one with a QR clamp – so much easier!

thomthumb
    Free Member

don’t buy the revolution one; i have a rebadged version and i wish i’d bought a park one.

doom_mountain

Thanks for the info.
    Anyone used the Feedback Sport? Good price at the mo

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Got a Feedback but the Ultimate. Ultimate has the ‘pro’ clamp.

The tripod style is a must for stability – Feedback make stands for PA speakers so they are stable.

If you have a pay a little more for the Feedback go for it – I have given away Minouras and lesser stands because they are too unstable – buy the Feedback and it will be your stand for life…

doom_mountain

Ultimate looks v.nice, bit more than I want to spend, need some change to buy shiny things!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Park PC10. £120 at Fawkes Cycles so I bought the tool tray to go with it.

I’ll report back when it arrives…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

ok, but I can swing my turner (or any other bike) right round so I am working on the underneath from the side or from the top – on a normal stand I couldn’t have down this – it would have fallen over. I used to have to put weighty things across the legs of the Minoura (RS5000) to kept it somewhat stable. Take the front wheel off and the Minoura would want to topple.

Wish I had bought it earlier and not wasted money on substandard stands – there is a reason the Ultimates/Feedbacks are so popular on the pro race tour.

And they are quite shiny as well…

Simon

I recently bought a Park Tool PCS9.
    Only used it a few times so far but it’s sturdy, well made and very stable in use. QR clamp would be nice but my budget wouldn’t stretch to a PCS10.
    Looked at cheaper workstands but figured you get what you pay for, that and the availability of spares for the Park swung it for me.

pyro9n
    Free Member

I also picked up a Park PCS10 from Fawkes, been pretty pleased with it. It’s been much better than the old stand I had which didn’t have a QR on the clamp.

Couldn’t bring myself to pay the twenty notes for the tray. Is it any good?

I have got a magnetic parts tray dunno where I picked it up, but its saved me millions in lost bolts, would be handy if I could attach it to the stand 🙂 Screwfix do em for a far more reasonable four quid link.

Whats with the slightly mad bog roll holder for the PCS10, are people building their bikes in the loo now?!?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Workstands – advice needed’ is closed to new replies.