Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Workstands
  • lovewookie

Looking for some workstands. Currently eyeing up the Park PCS10 as that’s what’s been used before, but they are quite pricey. The PCS9 just doesn’t quite cut it for the somewhat clumsy. Tried those, but bit’s of plastic kept coming loose.

Any viable alternatives to the PCS10?

ta muchly.

LoCo
    Free Member

PCS 10, is excellent I use one at work and the races

trail_rat
    Free Member

look on merlin there are a couple of nice feed back sport ones ….

cheaper park ones are pish – esp the 2 legged ones – anything other than flat surface it wants to fall over !

there is a nice three legged one for 125 on merlin – or 180 for the next one up

LenHankie

The one that Edinburgh Bicycle have on offer at the moment is great – bought one last year. About £60 if I recall. I can’t compare it to the Park though, but for the money it’s exceptional value.

&f_SortOrderID=-1&f_bct=]Revolution work stand

carlosg
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealey-Tools-BS1-Bike-Cycle-Bicycle-Repair-Stand-Holder-/200514507691

I’ve got one of these ^^^ , never had any issues with it in the last 6 years.

a11y

I’ve got an Edinburgh Bicycle one and it’s great but could do with a wider base for a bit more stability.

We bought a mate one from Decathlon for around £60 and it’s better IMO – the clamp’s more fiddly than mine, but the legs go 4 ways and are longer for more stability. It doesn’t fold up like mine though.

cf
    Free Member

+1 on the Edinburgh Bicycle’s revolution one. I got it earlier this year. Worth every penny.

sv

PCS9 been fine for me – well stable and the clamp is an all metal one.

lovewookie

It’s the folding mechanism that’s the problem, plus it just hasn’t got the feel of the PCS10.

KonaTC

Pro Elite stand a bit pricey but has been excellent

Netdonkey

I got the minora one recommended in the mag a couple of months ago. Excellent value and very sturdy

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I’ve got the PCS-4 which is excellent. ChainReaction do them for about £200 which makes it a bit pricey but the clamp is excellent and the thing will last longer than me. It is more of a permanent stand though, the legs just pivot closed rather than fold up, so if portability is needed, look at the PCS-10

I happen to have a PCS-10 in the house at the moment as I’m keeping it for a friend to give to her husband for Christmas. Obviously I haven’t used it, but have put it together and I have to say it does look a quality piece of kit

scotsman
    Free Member

I have a topeak Prep stand elite excellent piece of kit for the money compared to equivalent park tool, accesories are cheap for it to, folds away into a neat little bag that comes with it, and it copes with 38lbs DH rig no problem. £169.99 @ CRC I have seen it cheaper elsewhere £149.99 but cant remember where.

dougieb
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these from Merlin – Bike Tools Workstand. For the money it’s excellent (was also recommended in the STW mag). With the 10% discount offer today it’s will be under £60

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

with discount codes I got the bike tools one for £50 here Ribble cycles – workstands. Like dougie says recommended in STW mag and 10/10 in cycling plus. The one below look interesting aswell.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I had the Park Tools Pro stand for 6 years and still going strong – its expensive but built like a brick sh1t house and weight a ton but I think that’s why it has lasted 🙂

OrangeLad
    Free Member

+1 for the revolution stand. There are loads that use this and rebrand it. Head can be a little flexy and yes it could be more stable but for the money its great.

br
    Free Member

I’ve the Park 9 and tbh I think its a quality piece of kit and like its clamp far better than the 10’s as I’ve a number of bikes all with different sized seat posts.

I’ve never taken it down, so can’t comment on its ‘portability’.

But having had a cheaper stand before, I wouldn’t buy another cheap one.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got a PCS9 and it’s fine
    it’s a bit wobbly and the height adjust clamp is a bit rubbish, but it does the job

myheadsashed

I got a PRS 15 from Merlin delivered £185 a couple of months back………it ace 😉

Some places wanted twice that. 😯

jamesb
    Free Member

dougieb THANKS for that info, just ordered one at £60 less a few pence , as Ive been looking for a while to get a stand but hated the high costs! It will certainly be a good upgrade from my currentworkprop` which keeps bike upright via a stand and hook to LHS chain / seat stays. Cheers 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Workstands’ is closed to new replies.