Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • worksop cycling club
  • worksoptrailblazers
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of a cycle club in the Worksop area.

Just thought I would measure any interest or ideas. Road and MTB.

Cheers

tron
    Free Member

Surely there must be at least one already in Worksop or Carlton?

mastineo
    Free Member

http://www.bolsoveranddistrictcyclingclub.org.uk/
    Very active club, got to be worth a look.

dawson

//waves

Another Worksop rider here

worksoptrailblazers
    Free Member

can’t seem to find a club, the nearest is Kiveton Park as far as I can make out. Dawson, when do you ride, let me know and we might be able to hook up. Road or trail suits me. Any distance any pace (within reason)

weeble
    Free Member

I often ride Worksop way when visiting the outlaws

LS
    Free Member

Aren’t North Notts Olympic based around that area?

chris23
    Free Member

Worksop based too.
    Normally go out biking on the road on a sunday morning and go out on the MTB on a Thurs, but meet up with a group who are Dronfield/Sheffield based.

Try Retford Wheelers, they meet in the market square on sundays morning for there group ride.

topangarider
    Free Member

Yeah, Bolsover and District had a goo showing at SITS at the weekend.

SBrock
    Free Member

im in Lincoln, ride the Dark peak but pass thru Worksop!

dawson

@WTB – sorry – I missed you reply – at the moment I’m only managing to get 1 night ride a week – I have a route that I do round Clumber park thats about 26 miles door to door

KidCragg
    Free Member

interested in your 26 miler route 😀

Notts based

dawson

@ Kid Cragg – its not exactly taxing! I’ll see if I can get my phone to do a GPS route

edoto
    Free Member

hi anyone in worksop still replying to this post?

haribo4000
    Free Member

Hi, I am from Worksop and would be interested in joining a cycle club. I own a mountain bike and need to get some use out of it. Does anyone know of a local club that rides at weekends?

Thanks

reedspeed
    Free Member

Im in Worksop annall !.. 😉

vixalot
    Free Member

http://www.bolsoveranddistrictcyclingclub.org.uk is well worth a go 🙂 I did and never looked back, they are a great bunch,
    We do MTB rides at the weekends saturday development rides can be anything from easy newbee rides up to faster technical rides, sundays they have just started challenge rides longer harder rides peak district etc, there is also tuesday nights very fast training ride and wednesdays night ride, we also just do a ride if a few of us are at a loose end 😀
    Have a look on the website, but also on facebook – bolsover and district cycling club 😀 We are very welcoming whatever your bike style,skill,speed,male/ female young/old 😀 you can even come and have a few rides with us before you join

dawson

there are a couple of us that meet at The Ashley on a Monday night, for a ride into Clumber. Alternatively, Sherwood Pines club have lots of different rides at weekends, for differing abilities – look them up on Facebook for details

haribo4000
    Free Member

Hi Dawson, it that MTB that you do on a Monday?

ktmblag
    Free Member

I’m not far from worksop and be interested. I know clumber/sherwood forest extremely well and could easily put together a 50 mile route

haribo4000
    Free Member

I see there seems to be a bit of interest for a club in Worksop.
    Anyone interested in organising/setting a club up?

I’m not 100% sure on how to go about setting one up, but I would be willing to give it a go if the interest is there.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is the pines club too far? Its one of the biggest in UK membership numbers wise iirc.,

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘worksop cycling club’ is closed to new replies.