Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Workshop ordered, need base advice and an electrician in Bristol
  • andyl
    Free Member

My 16×10 workshop is due to be installed on the 25th 😀

But could do with some ideas for the base and electrics.

Area has a thick layer of gravel (6″ or so as the car digs in upto it’s sills!). I was thinking about digging out areas of gravel and then putting down some concrete blocks and then running timber bearers, most likely old scaffold planks as there are a load of old ones in the yard out back.

Alternatively the farmer up the lane has dumped a load of old 3ft reinforced concrete fence posts which I could ask if he wants clearing.

Secondly I need power! Will be running 2x 2.5hp compressors, possibly a 3rd 0.75hp medical compressor and a 2hp motor, all at the same time so thinking a CU with 2x 32A rings and a lighting circuit. I can do the physical socket install and run wires in trunking but need someone to connect it up.

Have this on the front of my house with the main house CU indoors:

Which I assume can be spliced into somewhere and run some armoured cable round the back to the workshop with a small CU?

Mintman
    Free Member

I used a guy called Nev White based in North Bristol to upgrade the electrics in the house including a new consumer unit.

White Electrical

Clean, tidy, likes cups of tea, reasonable price; no complaints from me.

misinformer
    Free Member

You mean your getting a shed delivered?

sbob
    Free Member

misinformer – Member

You mean your getting a shed delivered?

You’re.
    It is hard to successfully belittle someone when you present yourself as an ignoramus.

andyl
    Free Member

You’re.
    It is hard to successfully belittle someone when you present yourself as an ignoramus.

😆

And yes, I don’t have full use of my right arm after a dozy cow in an MPV tried to put her MPV through the side of my car so building a shed will be somewhat difficult so it is easier to get one delivered. Need to get someone to prep the base for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Workshop ordered, need base advice and an electrician in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.