Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Workshop Barrier Cream
  • scotroutes

Trying to look after my gentle skin 🙂

What’s your favourite / best / cheapest?

jonba
    Free Member

This stuff causes some controversy at work*. It makes it easier to clean your hands and protects them to a very limited extend. Depending one what you are using it for you’d be better off with thin nitrile gloves or some dipped fabric gloves.

*We work with chemicals where skin contact is to be avoided rather than general oil and grime.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Barrier cream then nitrile gloves woulld be better yet…and is sop at work for dexterous work but the gloves do tear time to time.

Rubber dipped fabric gloves are needed just for walking round the plant.

I keep a tube of e45 in my bag as it works as barrier cream to an extent and i keep it at home. I notice a significant difference in how clean my hands are when i wash them after working on the car with and without the e45

**** knows what we use at work but it is more noticable than the e45 it also works better.

But given a bottle of e45 is about 5 quid and lasts along time ill stick to that over 20 quid a bottle barrier cream.

prettygreenparrot

Halfords used to do a rosemary-scented barrier cream. Lovely. It came in a fair-sized bottle too.

Gloves are easier though don’t smell as nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Workshop Barrier Cream’ is closed to new replies.