• This topic has 56 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rogg.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Works toilets etiquette (again)
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Right you lot – be honest now. If you had a catastrophic no.2 that painted the pan, would you make good the damage using the toilet brush?
    I realise a communal toilet brush is the not the most desirable object to pick up but a thorough hand wash afterwards and all’s well.
    Personally, I would clean off after myself but it would appear that I’m in the minority where I work. Most mornings, the traps resemble sacrificial chambers for brown blooded goats.
    I believe in leaving things as I’d like to find them.

Your attitudes and experiences….

Cougar

I’d use a fistful of bog roll. Who wants a toilet brush full of tagnuts?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I just use the corner near the sink.

birky
    Free Member

Our toilets used to be grim but were refurbished last year. Unfortunately the new ones were still being left as described so I printed off some posters off the web about cleaning up with a brush for the back of the trap doors. Things still aren’t 100% but they have improved a lot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes skidders should be dealt with immediately!

z1ppy

brush.. it what it’s there for, but I do keep it in there & flush again to clear any tagnuts off it!
    I really struggle with how ppl are willing to leave the toilet in a reall mess, after they’ve used it. Shirely they must be disgusted if they came in and found it like that..

tonyd

Depends, but in general yes I’d clean up. It’s bad enough sitting down to a warm seat without worrying if someone else’s poo is going to climb up and get you somehow.

Treat others as you would have them treat you. Or something.

spawnofyorkshire

You can always tell when the building contractors are in at my work, those blokes are absolute animals.
    One of them decided to use the toilet for a catastrophic no.2 yesterday despite the water being shut off in the building. BTW he was the engineer who’d come in to fix the water pressure problem 🙄
    The stench was horrendous and the cleaners nearly mutinied

samuri
    Free Member

use the brush. You can always rinse it off in the fresh toilet water if it’s been left particularly messy.

footflaps

use the brush. You can always rinse it off in the sink and leave it there to dry off………

thomthumb
    Free Member

muddy footprints on the seat today!

allthepies
    Free Member

To be treated as a badge of honour and left in situ IMO 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m amazed at the ones that seem to be able to get poo under the seat and around the rim. How in gods name do they do that?!

j5kol
    Free Member

I once worked at a place where we had frequent visitors from Asia. You always knew if one was your neighbour whilst on the throne, all you could hear was what can only be described as a bucket of spuds being dropped into the pan from great height. Those boys definitely dont sit for a numero deux

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

allthepies- Member
    teamhurtmore said » Yes skidders should be dealt with immediately!
    To be treated as a badge of honour and left in situ

Perhaps there should be an age threshold here. School and Uni versus work and adult life? But I also wonder how people are able to deliver the mess they leave behind. Seems a physical impossibility.

pondo

Leave it as you’d wish to find it.

Unless some blighter’s been doing a big brown burnout in the bottom of the bowl. I don’t really relish brushing away some other lazy arse’s clinkers, although some poor sod has to. 🙁

PJM1974
    Free Member

I worry for the health of the colleague who spattered the edges of the bowl with blood the other morning…Either that was an explosive sneeze delivered at very close range or someone suffered a bust haemmorhoid during their poo-labour pangs.

😕

derek_starship
    Free Member

In my previous job, somebody “posted” a stool that was the same size and shape as a small Jiffy bag. It had a slightly darker hue. I spent several moments staring at it, pondering how it was formed and delivered by the human digestive system.

ononeorange

That assumes a bog brush is available – we don’t have one!

I am mentally scarred having just returned from the US where their traps have the most minimal doors. Shudders.

Pigface
    Free Member

Starship you are obsessed 😆

butcher

A few skimarks are fine. Walking into the smell and sight of a full sized stale turd however…

bigyinn
    Free Member

I once sneezed in mid-movement. 😯
    My god that hurt! Mind you the turd shot round the U bend like a kid on a halfpipe.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

You walk in the toilet, only trap 2 is free but the lid is down.

So do you feel lucky punk, do ya ??

Me

I’d rather come back in ten than open the lid and find what the OP has described.

Only the truly evil …. leave it and lid it.

Kryton57

No I know I’ve been here long enough to go full circle.

*is bored*

*flounces*

plyphon
    Free Member

What always boggles me is the number of people who leave massive logs in the shitter BUT NO TOILET ROLL.

cooie

I once sneezed in mid-movement.
    My god that hurt! Mind you the turd shot round the U bend like a kid on a halfpipe.

Actually made me lol 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Come on Kryton – it’s Friday Faeces! Live a little 😀

organic355
    Free Member

Speaking of toilet etiquette at work.

3 urinals, all free, you go to the end one right?

Walked in a few seconds behind a colleague and he positions himself at the middle on of the 3, giving me no option but to use the cubicle.

Isnt this just the rules?

however, if in the pub after work, these rules can be broken.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kryton, I’d have thought the advice in this thread useful after your beer and cheese session.

grievoustim
    Free Member

At my work the new men’s loos have no urinals. Stalls only

It’s horrific. Piss on the floor, piss on the seats. Seriously, how hard is it to put the seat up, hit the target, and clean up after yourself

derek_starship
    Free Member

It would appear, from conversion – not observation, that female employees are VERY reluctant to execute the no.2 procedure in the work’s toilets.

mrblobby
    Free Member

At my work the new men’s loos have no urinals. Stalls only

Have that at one of my clients offices. A big corporate campus and they only have 4 gents stalls on each floor (of probably about 200-300 people) of each building. The queues can get ridiculous. If you’re touching cloth you really can be in trouble!

lilchris
    Free Member

Single bog at work.

The owner regular leaves shit in the pan, piss on the floor (next time he goes in its miraculously dry, but the towel is soaked through 😯 ), but new low was last week when there was shit on the flusher handle 😥

Just as well he didn’t put any paperwork on my desk that day. I’d have had to burn……the desk!!!

treaclesponge
    Free Member

I have to agree with the female No2. However in on building we have a specific disabled toilet which can only be occupied one at a time. They all use this for any No2 action. None of them appear to have realised the fact that they are just making it even more obvious. Except for one who leaves the door ajar afterwards to air it out…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The queues can get ridiculous. If you’re touching cloth you really can be in trouble!

When working in offices in APAC (Notably Singapore and HK), make sure you remember to pick up the key the traps on your way. Otherwise, it’s a hasty stroll back to your reception desk to pick it up!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Keys? Do they sign you in and out?

pondo

I knew a girl who wouldn’t poo in the house if her boyfriend was there. 🙂

I also recall a story about a former work colleague* – another colleague was mailing a package and the cubicle next to him became occupied with someone involved in the same activity. Once it was done, my friend flushed and was washing his hands when our other mutual colleague also finished, but flushed and immediately departed withOUT washing his hands – when challenged, he said he didn’t need to wash his hands as it was a clean poo. Make of that what you will.

* Hygene was a known issue with him – why they picked him to make the tea, I have no idea, I wouldn’t drink anything he made…

ononeorange

grevioustim:

“It’s horrific. Piss on the floor, piss on the seats. Seriously, how hard is it to put the seat up, hit the target, and clean up after yourself”

You are a woman pretending to be a man on here and I win £5!

molgrips
    Free Member

I heard someone wondering why they put bog brushes in public toilets, because you couldn’t be expected to clean the bowl after yourself – that’s horrific, they pay people to do that!

Well, yes, but they don’t pay people to hang around and come in to clean it after every customer.. at least not where I go they don’t.

It’s amazing how dim some people are.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I knew a girl who wouldn’t poo in the house if her boyfriend was there.

I work in a well known arts organisation. One month a new lass started, who was by common consent the epitome of female perfection, tall, dark and effortlessly, ridiculously pretty.

Not long after, the eligible bachelors in the office fell out over a rather pungent smell that seemed to emanate from the office lavs and there were worries that said office hotty might be offended by the sheer offensiveness of the stench in question, so bad it was. A witch hunt for the perp was duly convened.

Meanwhile, the stenches grew in intensity, to the point that you’d detect them from two floors away. Someone had very poorly, angry bowels, we were amazed that the lav tiles remained in situ, rather than melting off the walls, so the search for the log-monster because more urgent. All the chaps denied knowledge, right up until the said hotty exited the bathroom followed by a pungent green fog.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Works toilets etiquette (again)’ is closed to new replies.