Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Works Components delivery times?
  • gingajim
    Free Member

I ordered a chainring from works components back at the end of June for their 4th July pre order, I’ve not heard from them since so I’m just checking to see if anyone else is having the same issues?
    I totally realise that they are super busy and I’m happy to wait but I’ve tried contacting them via email and facebook and have not had any replies as of yet:(

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They were taken over by Homebrew Components :mrgreen:

Grump
    Free Member

Have you heard anything yet? I’ve also got one on back order and haven’t had a reply to any emails.

DrP

Well I ordered one a week or so back, and was told that I’d made the 19th July shipping date….

We’ll see…

DrP

crankrider
    Free Member

I have not had the fastest e-mail response from Works in the past, but always from ‘Rick’ so assume this is a very small outfit and must be a case of too much work too little time… I suppose.

Good product in the end though 😉 chuffed with my ring, one things for sure they are not crooks so I would think your stuff is on its was as soon as they have it, I admit it is nice to know when that is though!

kinger

I enquired about my 34T as had hoped for it before the Mega but was told they are being shipped out tomorrow (Friday)

unklehomered
    Free Member

I too got on the 4th July list back at the end of June, my ring came on the 5th July (and is AAAWWWWESOME). #sorry 😳

Grump
    Free Member

Cheers for the positive news one and all, have assumed that as they’re a wee operation they’ve been focused on making stuff rather than answering emails, which I can more than identify with! (Though it would be good to get a reply to my panicked email about the delivery.)

RicB

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 2nd July when they were taking pre orders for 12 July delivery

Heard nothing, including no replies to emails and fb messages. Stock status on the website is now quite vague

Need to do better imo

RicB

Hmmm now my emails are bouncing back. Anyone else heard anything from them?

Have the SRAM lads been round with the bombers?!

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat. Doesn’t look brilliant, does it? I presume that the transaction could be reversed via paypal if the worst happened (within 45 days though, so be aware of the time limit). There’s also another email address on the paypal transaction page – looks like a personal account so might be worth a try if the generic ‘sales’ account isn’t working. I won’t publish the email address here for now.

gringojimi
    Free Member

I was in the same boat, and then I raised a dispute via Paypal.

Got a prompt reply from Works and the chainring arrived a day later! 😀

RicB

Brilliant, Superficial! I’ve just tried emailing the seller’s Paypal email address. Will see what happens.

Good point re: the 45 days, I’d forgotten about that

As a contrast – order placed with one of the German online sites:

email 1 thanks for your order
    email 2 thanks for your order; which we expect to process tomorrow
    email 3 we have packed your order
    email 4 we have posted your order out.

RicB

I’d like to think it’s a genuine mistake – small UK company vastly underestimates demand for their new product and doesn’t stop taking pre-orders until it’s too late.

They now have a huge backlog of pre-orders and are working flat-out to manufacture more.

Or they’ve sold out to Neil/Fruit/Superstar and we’re all doomed!

bentudder

I also placed an order with a German online store last week. Exactly the same email pattern, except that they charged me in Euros instead of Sterling, and it ended up costing me about 20% more than the quoted Sterling price as a result. Mailed them, and got the equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders and a ‘PayPal dictates this’ sort of response.

I’m also waiting on a Works chainring. Two things:

1) They seem to have been swamped with orders
    2) They’re a small shop, so don’t expect the same level of mechanised process management that you’d get from one of the big mail order places

I also mailed Works to see if everything was OK, and got a response in the affirmative. I’ll let you know how it pans out, but I’m happy to wait a little longer than usual for a small business that’s swamped because it’s making a good product at a relatively low price.

Bigmantrials

I am in the same boat, ordered my chainring on the 24th of june with expected delivery of between the 1st and 4th of july. Nothing arrived then, so e-mailed and posted on thier facebook page, still nothing!

But litteraly as I was typing this I have had an e-mail from Works stating that my chainring has now been dispatched and appologies for the delay, his ears must have been burning!!

Adam

RicB

I’ve also just had an email from Rick; quite apologetic and saying the rings are being posted out today. They were only collected (presumably from the anodizer) this morning.

One of their staff posts on stw so I wonder if he spotted this thread…

bentudder

Same here on the email side – just got a note confirming dispatch. I’ll update once I receive it, but from the email, say they have had a delay with anodising – which is handled by a third party.

Superficial
    Free Member

One of their staff posts on stw so I wonder if he spotted this thread…

Indeed. I also just got my email to say it’s been dispatched. I reckon if you want your chainring, it’s probably best to have a bit of a moan on STW. 😆

Hi Guys

Apologies for the late dispatch times and poor communication.

We are small and we were run off our feet trying to get chainrings ready etc. Communication has been terrible too, we will be looking to take a part time (20hrs or so PW) member of staff on in the next month or so to improve the situation.

Indeed. I also just got my email to say it’s been dispatched. I reckon if you want your chainring, it’s probably best to have a bit of a moan on STW.

I have to admit, it does look that way but the honest truth is we have just picked the chainrings up – noting more than co-incidence 😉

I hope you will all be happy with the chainrings – so far everybody has been very pleased with them.

Or they’ve sold out to Neil/Fruit/Superstar and we’re all doomed!

– If i responded to that with suitable language i would be banned from the forum! 🙂
    Thanks, Rick

j40aja
    Free Member

Hi Rick,

Good to see people getting there orders as I placed an order for a chainring on the 18th July. I was starting to get worried after reading that people on here having to wait longer than expected for stuff to arrive.
    When I placed my order it stated an expected delivery of the 24th, now states the 29th for new orders! Will my chainring still be dispatched on or around the 24th or has this date now been moved forward?

Cheers,

Alan.(Works Components Order Number: 2683/180713/17)

DrP

Similar to the above, I was informed I’d made the 19th July delivery order, yet haven’t received any further email information…

Can I expect the ring over the next few days, or am I in a later slot now

DrP
    2646/120713/28

j40aja
    Free Member

Although no reply from Rick I have just looked on my Works Components account – order history and it now says Processing whereas yesterday it said Pending.

Fingers crossed my chainring will be dispatched in the next day or so!

Good products or not their communication could be improved somewhat.

kinger

They checked with me yesterday to see if I had received my chainring as their system had a glitch – apparently it was being shipped asap but nothing from the postie today…

peterfile
    Free Member

I ordered on 16 July, received the chainring this morning 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They getting in SRAM spiderless NW soon?

DrP

I had the shipping confirmation yesterday, so shall see…

DrP

Bigmantrials

Mine arrived today, and was marked as dispatched on Monday, pleased that it has finally arrived!

Superficial
    Free Member

Yep, got mine today too. Didn’t mind the wait especially (I knew there would be a wait when I ordered) but more communication would have been good.

Anyway, the ring itself looks good, nicely finished. I look forward to trying out whether I really can cope without a front chain device.

j40aja
    Free Member

Woohoo,

Dispatched e-mail arrived today! Hopefully it’ll arrive by the weekend.

simonbea
    Free Member

Similar experience as above, placed order for a chainring which said next batch will be delivered on 7th August, checking my account today it still says ‘pending’ and the item page now says next deliveries will be 13th August. Dropped a message asking to confirm yesterday so see what response I get.

Gee76
    Free Member

Anyone know what the latest rumours were on a 30 tooth thick thin ring from works components. (hard facts and conjecture also welcome 😆

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Works Components delivery times?’ is closed to new replies.