Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Works Components chainring update…
  • Northwind

Got one of the pre-order 32Ts. Tested it a bit, it was great, so removed the chain device too- just clutch mech and ring. Today at fort william my dh bike started making scary rattly noises so I decided to take the Ragley down the world cup route for the “one last ride”… So that’s pretty much the most continuous rattling I’ll ever give my hardtails, and lo, the chain stayed on- even when the rider didn’t 😳

So yeah, these magic chainring things? They’re magic. Kenda Slant 6? Good for xc, less good at downhill. Northwinds? Basically idiots.

chiefgrooveguru

Excellent testing methodology! 😉

One question through, do you backpedal into corners when you need to drop your trailing foot?

Northwind

Mmmm. Not usually but I’ve been known to sometimes while screwing up. Can’t say for sure if I’ve done it with this setup though

chiefgrooveguru

I think that’s the key test! Running a Works 34T on my bike but the Hope guide and plastic bash are staying unless I can think of a reason to get rid of them. Been great so far (and I managed to lose the chain twice in a few weeks with an On-One s/s ring and the same guide and bash).

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Better man than me for riding a hardtail down there, **** that!

Northwind

To be fair it took me almost 10 minutes (not including the unplanned lie down in the woods), I don’t think I’ll be qualifying for the worlds at this rate! The big features were alright but I’m not good enough to keep any sort of progress going over the constant smaller rocks and lumps. When you watch a really good hardtail rider like jesse wigman on this track it’s pretty ridiculous tbh.

Chief, I’ll try and remember to do some of that next time I’m out. I did come up with one reason to lose the device if you can… I used this bike for the uk gravity enduro at innerleithen, and it had a device at the time. I managed to knock the chain off in a crash, and it was an absolute bollocks to get it back on, took ages… I’m pretty sure it’d still have come off with this setup, but I’d get it back on in 2 seconds 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Works Components chainring update…’ is closed to new replies.