Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Working the British F1. Would you…?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have got the opportunity to work on the Outdoor catering at Silverstone for the British round of the F1 grand Prix. Not something I have ever done before but I am willing to give it a go just to soak up the atmos.

Three days camping with GF as well and get paid for the whole weekend.

Would you.?

jova54
    Free Member

YES!

I used to marshal the GPs at Silverstone and it was a great place.

Take plenty of sun cream and full waterproofs. 😉

dropoff

Is this a trick question ?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nope.
    I have jumped at the opportunity. The GF was going on about how here mate had let here down. When I asked what was on a said Silverstone I was told “oh just some car race or something”. 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, what are the chances of you actually seeing anything? Slim I’d guess. Don’t think I’d want to go there and just stare at other stands

PePPeR

I dunno, when the racings on the queues, disapear totally! #

Round behind the stands its as dead as a dodo, I reckon you might get lucky!

Oops that wasn’t meant quite like that!!

It goes very quiet, during the race so you might be able to sneak away and watch the race yourself.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Depends, she fit?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh yes and she rides like a, sorry rides a bike. 😉

nockmeister
    Free Member

ear plugs…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, earplugs. Proper industrial ones.

I made the mistake of going to the 2001 Australian GP, where you can get pretty bloody close to the track, without earplugs. Sweet Mother of God; the noise is like nothing you can ever imagine. On the first few laps, the sound of 20 F1 cars going past is so loud, you could go deaf, I’m not joking. I spent much of the race with my fingers in my ears, until a nice Aussie copper gave me a spare pair.

The noise, the smell; it’s something else. Really exciting.

I woon’t pay £650 or whatever to watch it in this country though. Absolute rip-off.

tim41
    Free Member

I’d say yes too. I work as a volunteer at the Air Tattoo at Fairford. Planes instead of cars, but equally noisy and serving the public all day. I work on the official merchandise stalls. We make a fortune selling ear defenders too! 🙂
    I really enjoy being part of such a huge event, and getting pretty much all areas access during the build up and pack down. Hard work but being on the go all day time just flies by.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Working the British F1. Would you…?’ is closed to new replies.