Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Working in Glasgow area for 3 days in Jan.
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I’m working in The Glasgow area for 3 days in January, and looking for a Half Decent cheap ish hotel for 2 nights.

Not too worried about where in the area it is, a nearby pub would be nice, but more interested in it being a comfortable and decent hotel without being too expensive.

Any recommendations before I start looking at the normal boring “travel taverns” 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Groupon

nealglover
    Free Member

More urgent suddenly !

Just had an email telling me the dates were wrong, and its actually next week not the end of January :-0

bigG
    Free Member

Citizen M is good, central and not too expensive at all.

somafunk

I recently stayed in the new citizenM hotel, very central for pubs,restaurants etc and rather funky n’ modern, quite cheap as well.

Other than that the only other hotels i have experience of is “Malmaison Glasgow”, very nice indeed and a cool bar that does cracking champagne cocktails.

Or you may like Grasshoppers hotel, very central, nice rooms, good breakfasts, pretty cheap for the quality.

In order of preference i’d go back to Grasshoppers coz it’s very reasonable, Malmaison coz it’s plush, staff remember me but possibly expensive as you’ll spend a fortune on cocktails and drinks, and citizenM is funky and nice but there seems to be something missing for my liking?.

steveoath
    Free Member

easyhotel if you want basic accomodation at cheapness.

freeagent
    Free Member

Premier Inn above Charing cross station – nice central location, can walk to lots of bars/returants on Sauchiehall St.

BoardinBob

CitizenM by a country mile

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You can stay in my shed for £50 a night including cornflakes and free WiFi 🙂

MrGrim

CitizenM

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m tempted Glasgowdan 🙂

But that’s more expensive than most of the hotels I’ve seen so far !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Working in Glasgow area for 3 days in Jan.’ is closed to new replies.