Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Working hotel dwellers
  • Northwind

I did it for a little while… Did some sightseeing, spent a lot of time in the gym doing boring stuff, read a lot, watched TV series… Basically moved my week around so I’d avoid doing stuff like this while at home.

If I was doing it more frequently, I’d buy a gigantic kick-ass gaming laptop.

theotherjonv

can’t say I do this every time, but one visit to Switzerland i took all my old inner tubes, a pump and a patch kit, and repaired about a dozen punctures in one go.

MrGrim

I don’t do this very often anymore, but it’s likely to change next year. I stayed away from the bar as it became to easy to sit down with the laptop every night and have a few beers. Worse if any colleagues were also staying at the same hotel.

Normally I would go for a run, have a shower, get room service, then watch a film or read a book.

Geologist – Do you mind dropping me a mail about sat comms? My email is in my profile.

Joe

Eugh…i live in a hotel at the moment…and not the same hotel.

I often find I’m too tired to do anything in the evening except press f5/refresh on facebook, have a shower and go to sleep.

Why is their never a **** iron or ironing board in any bloody hotel?

peterfile
    Free Member

I spent over a year living in a 5* spa hotel.

*Was working 7am until 7pm (ish);
    *came back, suit off;
    *a la carte meal in my underwear in my room (got sick of being in a restaurant);
    *down to the spa/gym for a couple of hours;
    *went to the bar;
    *went out with the bar/restaurant staff once they finished (I did already know a few of them through mutual friends, but got to know them quite quickly after going out with them every night)

Did that for quite a while until I started prefering to spend my time with just one member of staff in particular, who ended up losing her job as a result of the time we spent together outside of work.

…and that’s how I met mrs peterfile 🙂

It is what you make it. Being in a city helps (I was actually sent to work in my home city, so it was quite handy!), as does being single and not needing much sleep.

The hotel I was in was a bit of a celebrity haunt, so there was generally something interesting happening, parties and the like. Plus loads of pretty cool people generally. Met a lot of very interesting people in my time there that I would never have met otherwise.

My name made it into the cocktail book too. That didn’t go down to well when the partners from the firm spotted it. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Why is their never a **** iron or ironing board in any bloody hotel?

There almost always is for me.

However now I have decent non-iron shirts and an Eagle Creek Pack-it. Problem solved, I haven’t ironed anything in over a year.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Working hotel dwellers’ is closed to new replies.