Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Working abroad, renumeration – and a bit of danger
  • maccruiskeen

It’s the isle of Sheppey isn’t it?

That mission is still on the cards 😆

aye-aye
    Free Member

I used to work as an Avid editor (Online & offline, progs for Ch4, ITV, Sky etc)
    I’m looking for some quick money and not too bothered if i die.
    Send me to do the edit and stay at home in safety 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I’m looking for some quick money and not too bothered if i die.

snuff movie ?

aye-aye
    Free Member

Good idea.
    As long as it happens in Whistler on A-Line

imnotamused
    Free Member

I worked in Iraq during the 2nd gulf war in 2004. I took home about 4x my uk salary for my efforts (no tax or ni).

I didn’t have any kids at the time so it was an easy decision for me. I was protected by the British army but did travel around Basra frequently by road, river and air (puma, Chinook and Hercules). Our base was also attacked by mortars and rockets on several occasions which wasn’t particularly pleasant.

For me it was an opportunity of a lifetime and I will remember the experiences/cherish the photos for ever, plus the cash helped buy a larger house. If I was cast back in time I would do it again like a shot.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do and where it will be

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Ken bigley was doing something similar– ie cashing in on other peoples ‘misfortune’ –not for all the money in the world is it worth it !

konabunny
    Free Member

Central/safe location within running distance of the Embassy

If your thinking about security includes the idea of running to the British Embassy at any point, you’re in for a sore disappointment and a mangoectomy.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Rude – Yep, although his situation was different to mine the risk is not for everyone. For me it wasn’t all about the money, in fact far from it although it was a nice side effect, the experience was totally unforgettable.

leffeboy

mangoectomy

That really should be a real word

Insurance <> security

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Working abroad, renumeration – and a bit of danger’ is closed to new replies.