Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Work trip to San Francisco – touristy things to do?
  • OnlyHereForTheCake
    Free Member

I’ve been jammy enough to get a work trip to a conference in San Francisco next week and have negotiated a couple of days leave in there as well to do some touristy things.

Other than Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge – are there any other must see sights or must do activities folk can recommend? I know naff all about the place but am doing some Googling and thought the STW Knowledge Machine could be a good shout as well.

Conference is the AutoDesk Forge DevCon if anyone else is going!

Cheers

Al

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Really nice city. Golden Gate Park is much nicer than the bridge. Get a tourist bus up there, grab some nice street food from the vans and just chill! Chinatown is worth a wander through, the chinese food is amazing. Haight Ashbury is a bit cliched but has some beautiful architecture. If you want to go over to Alcatraz book well in advance!

Oh and try to get over to Mt Tam, the spiritual home of mountain biking, obviously :o)

OnlyHereForTheCake
    Free Member

Ah cool cheers for that Captain! That’s a great link with stacks of info!

Thanks Lee – my hotel is very close to the bridge so I figured it would make a good run. I’m booking my Alcatraz ticket as I type. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Work trip to San Francisco – touristy things to do?’ is closed to new replies.