Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Work Shirts where from ??
  • Dino
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’m looking to buy a couple of work shirts preferably of the slightly fitted type as I look daft in the the normal tent style, which a lot of retailers seem to have.
    I know this has been covered before, can anyone recommend me some(pref high steet available)nice quality ones 🙂
    Thank you,

RickyRah
    Free Member

TM Lewin for me. Although their ‘slim fit’ isn’t that slim fitting IMO.

alfabus
    Free Member

TM Lewin +1

hammerite
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt

Someone posted a link on here a little while back for shirts reduced to £20 each. I managed to pick up 4 for £70 at Bicester Village last week.

They offer shirts in collar size and sleeve size with a classic or slim fit option, so you should be able to get something to suit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lewins – 4 for £100 (they always seem to be running this deal)

I have their standard fit which which seem to come out slim on me 😕

I have to say I am wearing a Tyrwhitt shirt today but I don’t like them as much as Lewins. I have some Brooks Brothers Shirts which are higher quality than Lewins but they are £65 each.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

whereever i find ones i like, if in doubt M&S do packs of three which arent flash but do the job. I resisted M&S for years, old mans store, parents and wife extrolling the shops virtues but confess to buying the odd thing from there. My preference is Thomas Pink but thats when I’m feeling flush.

nbt

Tyrwhitts’s extra slim fit tailored are nice and not too tight for me

scuzz
    Free Member

Be a real man and get a tailor!
    Failing that, TM Lewin do three fits – standard, fitted and ‘fully fitted’. Fully fitted are the only highstreet shirts that give me the edge I need.™

lunge

Charles Thyritt for me.

Markie
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt extra slim non iron button sleeve with added pocket. Business casual all the way 😉

sugdenr
    Free Member

Lewin, Tywhritt – they have perfected the marketplace.

Thread closed

peterfile
    Free Member

Lewin, Tywhritt – they have perfected the marketplace.

Thread closed

lol

crankman
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt +1

Non-iron, slim-fit. Chicks all over me.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

TM Lewin all the way

ads678

I got 2 from Sainsbury’s the other day should have been £14 for the 2 pack, but it went through for £7 then there was 25% off. Bargain.

you get what you pay for though the fit is truely awfull.

Pieface

Debenhams 2 for £21. Nice crisp cotton. They also do a tailored fit.

ryreed
    Free Member

Tyrwhitt

Non Iron are good and I have a mix of slim and tailored fit. Also a mix of french and button cuff, which I wear depending on suit and whether I’m wearing a tie. Tie = french cuff.

If you have any kind of stubble avoid twills, or Lewins ‘luxury’ fabrics as the collars won’t last. Poplins are much harder wearing.

I used to use Lewins but prefer the collars and fabric on Tyrwhitt. I have other shirts for special occasions but for work I don’t think you can beet them.

crazybrab
    Free Member

Olymp Luxor Shirts –

Non iron, luxy Egyptian coton

Slim Line/Fit – slightly fitted

Modern – body tight/metrose@ual

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt +1

DaveRambo

I’ve started buying mine from hawesandcurtis.com

Up there with the best I’ve had, very good quality and well priced.
    They often have offer with the current one being 3 formal shirts for £79.

Delivery is excellent – by DPD with an hour slot given and always, so far, met.

I won’t be buying anywhere else from now on.

will
    Free Member

Next or (don’t laugh) Primark slim fit. Both fit well and i’m a lanky piece…

Primark are only £6 a go too! Next also have a sale on, and their slim fit shirts are very slim fitting.

jools182
    Free Member

remember this is stw

they should be handmade by virgins in the foothills of some far away land

and cost more than you’d ever be willing to pay then another £100

darryl1983
    Free Member

Got my last set of shirts from Matalan, they range from about £4 to £20 a shirt, and have several styles and fits.

I went for the better quality ones at around £16. Don’t see the point in paying any more than this when these are excellent and fit very well.

faz083
    Free Member

Next slim fit are perfect for me – skinny arms and upper body. Strangely the slim fit trousers are good as well despite my legs being far from “slim”

NJA

T M Lewins 4 for £100 do the job for me.

Sam

jools182 – Member
    remember this is stw

they should be handmade by virgins in the foothills of some far away land

and cost more than you’d ever be willing to pay then another £100

New and Lingwood

I have an off the peg which even then was way more than I’d ever have contemplated paying for a shirt before (for my wedding) and it’s a good thing I don’t have to wear business shirts regularly these days as I’d find it hard to wear anything else….

matthewjb
    Free Member

Lewin non-iron fitted ones are reasonably slim cut. And the non-iron feature will save your ‘man who does’ many hours.

As others have said, Lewin occasionally have special offers.

Order online if your local shop doesn’t have a great range.

Weasel
    Free Member

Lewin / Tywhritt – both last about the same.

Although the Simon Carter shirts that can be picked up in TK Maxx seem to be of a good (if not better) quality as well.

hh45
    Free Member

I took delivery of 4 Charles Twatface shirts only today and a woven silk tie for £80. As others have said, you really can’t wrong with them and Lewins. Their websites are pretty functional as well.

colin1265
    Free Member

Hawes and Curtis for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have a look at M&S there is a fair bit of variety and range from £25-£50 with some sale deals available. Also when you know what fits it;s easier to get more.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Charles Tywhritt here too – keep eye out for deals like recent one £19.99 for shirt with free tie

DT78
    Free Member

To those ordering the ‘slim fits’ are you actually slim? I pretty much always buy M&S cheapy white shirts as I seem to get oil / food / coffee and kill them before I wear them out….I’m tempted by a few nicer shirts.

watsontony
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’m looking to buy a couple of work shirts

Dino
    Free Member

Cheers for all the reply guys 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    To those ordering the ‘slim fits’ are you actually slim?

How dare you!

I’m not roadie skinny, if that’s what you’re asking. When they say slim fit it’s not a really fitted shirt. Just less tent like.

njee20
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt here.

They’re not ‘that’ slim – a 15″ collar slim fit still has a 38″ chest. They come in between M&S tents and Next Slim Fit (15″ collar = 36″ chest and fit me well, just not such nice shirts). I’d prefer slightly more fitted, may try ultra-slim next time. Excellent shirts.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lewins here. Went for the middle cut, I’m not exactly a racing snake but it’s good.

The non-iron shirts really work, as soon as you put them on. I haven’t ironed a shirt in a year 🙂 It’s not magic either – the fabric is a really nice super fine dense twill. Only problem is they only do double cuffs in those shirts, and the patterns and colours are limited so I keep seeing colleagues with the same shirts.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

ARCO

simon_g

I like CT ones.

Regular = rotund
    Slim = average to slightly portly
    Extra slim = actually slim

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Work Shirts where from ??’ is closed to new replies.