Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Work – seek promotion?
  • rjj
    Free Member

Hi,

Two years I took a step down from middle management in teaching and returned to just teaching. Certainly my day to day practice has improved and I feel contented in my current work place and feel that I am just about managing my time. But my line manager just is not cutting it making me want to perhaps leave and move back up to middle leader level again (even though I know that this will mean more work)! Am I mad?

MoreCashThanDash

Either learn to be content with what you have and ignore the idiots above you, or else take on the extra grief and show them how to do it properly.

scotroutes

Don’t complain about your managers if you’re not prepared to do that role yourself, so

Either learn to be content with what you have and ignore the idiots above you, or else take on the extra grief and show them how to do it properly.

rjj
    Free Member

The extra grief is the one thing that I don’t want!

chewkw
    Free Member

Do the right thing. Make it right.

Take the middle management role and step on that zombie maggot!

No mercy … 😈

anagallis_arvensis

Two years I took a step down from middle management in teaching and returned to just teaching.

I have just done similar. The work load expectations were just crazy combined with grief from all angles and pressure. I think in 2 years if I’m in your shoes I’d move schools to do it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Don’t listen to this

Don’t complain about your managers if you’re not prepared to do that role yourself

Half the pleasure of not being middle management is that everything is someone else’s fault and you can moan about it to all your peers on STW 🙂

phil40
    Free Member

I took a step from SLT to middle management in a school this last September, and I love it! I think it is about managing my expectations of myself. I have prioritised family life above everything else, so if a work job doesn’t get done because I don’t have time at the weekend, I have stopped worrying about it! If the stress levels go up again, I might move to classroom teacher, as a Science graduate it is not like there aren’t quite a few jobs out there despite what the govt would insist!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Work – seek promotion?’ is closed to new replies.