• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Work hack alloy frameset with EBB for Alfine 8 wanted?
  • brianp
    Free Member

Looking for a cheap work hack frameset with EBB to run 8 speed Alfine, 29er/700c, If anyone can help point us to a supplier who comes close from UK or Europe. If no EBB and steel that’s still good. Found the lovely Genesis Day One frameset for £400 but looking for something for much less so no upset if bike stolen at work.

annebr
    Free Member

Does it have to be an EBB?

I use an Alfine on a On One Pompetamine with track ends. Works fine like that.

scotroutes

Just use a tensioner?

bajsyckel

Day ones are steel aren’t they? but v. good bikes. If 2nd hand genesis i0iD is a great mtb choice too (can’t understand why they stopped making them, great frames that fill a niche nobody else seems to). Or any other frame using horizontal/ adjustable dropouts, but the ones I know of by cannondale, pinnacle, voodoo, on-one etc. are way pricier than similar frames used to be. A few years back there seemed to be loads more cheap options.

Anyway, I’m really posting this so I can find it later and am looking for a dirt cheap communter* frame too, so hopefully someone else will be more help.

*That was a typo, but think it describes the kid of thing I’m after.

wwaswas

I’d go with an Alfine or Rohloff tensioner – lots more choice for the frame that way.

Kato

Dialled Love/Hate? Steel and EBB and you’d find one 2nd for not a lot. Love mine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Work hack alloy frameset with EBB for Alfine 8 wanted?’ is closed to new replies.