Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • work components headset clicking?
  • pondy
    Free Member

anyone had this before, ive developed a click, its end seems to be when my forks fully extended, i dont think its a top out knock from the fork, i can compress the forks and when they return it doesn’t always do it, when jumping its most noticeable, when the front wheel leaves the ground it clicks, bike has had stem and bar change since this started so i can can rule them out, if i turn the bike over can flex and pull forks about and i dont get any noise, the fork is a 2012 revelation with dual coil. i changed the headset to a 1 degree 1 1/8 works components, i think the noise started since then, ive had this back out and covered it all in grease but his hadn’t made a difference, any ideas?

Northwind

I’ve had 3 of em and never a click. They do go through top bearings a bit fast mind

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My old man has an issue with his, the lower bearing doesnt sit properly and there is considerable wear on the front of the crown race and even the fork crown. He complained of the same clicking.

Can you ovalize headset cups but not the headtube? anyone ever heard of that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘work components headset clicking?’ is closed to new replies.