Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Work / Bike bag
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I am due to start my new job full time after a month of part time shifts.

I am on the look out for a bag that will be suitable for work, i only need room for a 1.5ltr bottle and a rain jacket. And i bus through. I would also use this bag for my days off for cylcing.

I have been looking at the dakine nomad. what can you lot suggest and from what dealers?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

no?

molgrips
    Free Member

What commute?

I have a messenger bag which is handy for short urban trips. I use a Camelbak Octane for longer commutes – I have some super lightweight limited version though cos I was riding a long way at the time and wanted to minimise weight.

I’d suggest a leaf through the Camelbak catalogue – their stuff is generally ace.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Panniers every time for a commute.

molgrips
    Free Member

Panniers or a rack-top bag would help keep you less sweaty if you are going to wear normal clothes… However won’t you be riding on a 4x bike? 🙂

wwaswas

so you’re getting the bus to work but want something that you can also use for riding at the weekends?

My experience is that you’ll either end up havign to machine wash the bag every Sunday night to get the mud and sweat off it or you’ll go to work with a muddy, slightly salty looking, bag.

Carrier bag in the week and keep the bag for riding?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Work / Bike bag’ is closed to new replies.