Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WordPress website hosting
  • bigsur5000
    Free Member

Hi

I am looking for a recommendation on a hosting company to run a WordPress website. I don’t need any fancy features and am unlikely to have a significant amount of traffic. Ideally the hosting would include a domain name too.

Thanks

bencooper
    Free Member

TSOhost – cheap and very, very good.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

TSO here too. I have a reseller package and have no complaints so far.
    I used 34sp before them, which I had endless problems with.

bigsur5000
    Free Member

Thanks Ben, would you recommend their cloud hosting? I’ve always used cpannel previously.

marmaduke
    Free Member

TSO here too, awesome support

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, cloud hosting is ace – no more messing about upgrading PHP or whatever, just pick the version you want from a drop-down list.

bigsur5000
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, glad I asked 🙂

jamesmio
    Free Member

We can host it for you if you like? What sort of price are TSO coming in at?

fionap

I’ve just started using FreshSites. Nothing’s gone wrong yet so can’t comment on their reaction but they’ve been extraordinarily helpful and patient during the whole set-up and transfer process. UK based and there’s always a real person available to help.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use one.com. They’ve been ok. £10 for first year then £20. The online help chat is good.

chakaping
    Free Member

tick

AlexSimon

I’ve got more than 10 clients on TSO – all good.
    Most of them are only on the £3x.00 a year package too with no problems whatsoever.
    I also run a couple of personal ones on their very basic package – no problems at all.

In comparision 1and1, Heart Internet and Hostpapa all seem a bit sluggish to me when I maintain clients sites on them.

One of the best things is that when you phone them, you get a knowledgeable person to talk to. I’ve only ever had to wait a minute or two too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WordPress website hosting’ is closed to new replies.