Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WordPress Themes (sing the feem toon…)
  • Cougar

So,

I’m toying with the idea of starting a blog. Or rather, I’ve started a blog, I’m toying with the idea of ever putting some content on it.

It’s currently set up (self-hosted) with the default theme, and I’d like to change that. Anyone got any hot tips for sources of decent (free) themes, or otherwise customising it, bearing in mind I’ve got the the artistic talent of a cluster of colour-blind hedgehogs in a bag?

Cheers, etc.

bigG
    Free Member

There are shed loads of free themes available on WordPress site, have you trawled them and found none you like?

Cougar

In honesty, I haven’t. Is that the best / only way then, just brute force? I suppose I didn’t really want to trawl through thousands of crap themes just to find something decent, so was wondering if there was somewhere with quality over quantity.

stats

I’ve used the Twenty Ten theme in mine with a custom random header image and a change in some of the themes text. I’ve also added a few widgets (Twitter, BogRoll, etc.) and removed the admin links from the site.
    My blog: Adventure-Ti.me

bigG
    Free Member

The WordPress free themes are pretty good, and are categorised. I’ve always managed to find nice looking themes, but always seem to come back to the same simple one.

+1 for widgets to make it all more social networking available

geoffj

There are lots of free ones but only a few worth using – twnty ten is one of them, but its a bit er ubiquitous.

I paid a few of dollars for one from Theme Forest http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress

Worth it IMHO, but I use it as my business site.

Cougar

Cheers guys. I’ll have a rummage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘WordPress Themes (sing the feem toon…)’ is closed to new replies.