Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • WordPress question: styling front page when it is set to display lastest posts?
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Setting up a wordpress site for work.
    They’d like the front page to be their latest posts (i.e. how WordPress comes as default – not a static front page)

I’ve set this up, however it seems limited in comparison to other pages in that I can’t set which template it uses etc.

The main issue is that it puts a blog ‘Blog’ title at the top of the page which I’d like to remove.

If it was a static page that I could edit through the pages menu I could do that, but I can’t find anywhere in the menus to control it. Had a look in the Appearance > Editor menu and looked through all the PHP files but can’t find the right one.

I’ve also tried setting the site to having a static front page and setting both to a ‘News’ page I created, but it gives a warning saying they shouldn’t be the same page and the homepage displays another random page (projects???)

Any ideas?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Actually, just figured it out.
    Set the site to have a static front page, didn’t select a front page and set news (first item in menu) to be the posts page and then removed the title from it, but left the slug as news

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘WordPress question: styling front page when it is set to display lastest posts?’ is closed to new replies.