Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • wordpress blog help
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I have a simple website for my small business that I am pretty happy with. The SEO is good so I don’t want to change too much. I have added a blog using the web hosts in built blog tool but I’ve found it a bit limiting. Just heard from them that I can’t edit some of the things I want to edit and I can’t download the database. my only choices are to carry on with it or copy the posts one by one to a new blog. While copying them seems like a pain it’s a lot less of a pain now than it will be further down the line. Here comes the question bit. Can I create a wordpress blog and host that on my site for just the blog and keep my exiting CSS/HTML site for the main bit? I’ve got access to phpMyAdmin with my host, but I’m not 100% sure what that is :). If it is possible what will be the best way to copy it? Create a free wordpress site, copy in the blog posts then download it and upload it to my site or something else?

wwaswas

you can do that, yes.

just run the blog on

blog.myurl.co.uk

and the existing site is unaffected.

I’d load it all on your server to start with rather than faff about copying databases after the event.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘wordpress blog help’ is closed to new replies.