Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Worcester to Bristol by bike (Sustrans routes 45, 41, and 4)
  • BlobOnAStick

I’m planning to ride to my brother-in-law’s stag do tomorrow. He’s playing golf all day as it’s his thing but unfortunately it certainly ain’t mine (I’ve nothing against it, I’m just appalling).

Anyhow, I’m going to follow Sustrans routes 45, 41 and 4. I know 45 quite well, but I have no experience of 41 and 4. Does anyone else? Are they well sign-posted or will I have to be looking at a map every 5 minutes? Any tips gratefully received!

Ben

BlobOnAStick

What, no one? 😕

boxfish
    Free Member

I’ve done route 41 from Gloucester to Bristol. I didn’t get lost… I did use an OS map as back to the signage though.

BlobOnAStick

Thanks boxfish, just what I was looking for. 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

Signs aren’t too bad but still fairly easy to miss. Are you on a road bike? It’s nice to follow the canal all the way to the end but it does get a bit rough after the point where route 41 leaves it at Slimbridge.

Are you planning to play golf when you get there, or doing the ride to avoid it? If you are riding then playing you will be pretty tired for the inevitable drinking bit afterwards.

BlobOnAStick

Nah, no golf for me and yes road bike (it’s about 75 miles, so I reckon it’s for the best!)

I’m going to take it easy, keep my hydration high and with the wind behind me I expect to arrive relatively fresh and a good couple of hours before the drinking is scheduled to start.

Getting home might be difficult 😐 I might enlist the help of a train…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Worcester to Bristol by bike (Sustrans routes 45, 41, and 4)’ is closed to new replies.