Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wooop got my new digs !
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Remember i asked about oil heating and mobile phone signal boxes a while back … well i ended up not caring – i loved the house when i saw it and so did the missus. it has a landline……

i pretty much live in the woods now ! to the left of this shot is drumtochty forest , behind it over that hill is fetteresso forest.

furnished , 2 big bedrooms , large bathroom and kitchen living room with multifuel stove – for the same rental as a 1 bed box in aberdeen – the price of this place plus my commuting costs by train and 10 mile cycle is still less than the cost of the bigger city flats we were looking at in town ! (800 plus a month they were) and with the option for a 34 mile 1 way commute in on nice days !

we are happy – we may get stuck in winter – but if we get stuck the missus school – 6 miles away will be shut and i can work from home.

iDave
    Free Member

are the two big bedrooms underground?

big lawn too…….

v nice tho'

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha – nah 1 is in the rear corner and has a kingsized double in with plenty room round it and a dresser and chest of drawers on one side , large built in wardrobe. the other has 2 singles , built in wardrobe and plenty room for the bikes !

thats photo is quite decieving – its bigger than it looks there while still maintaining its "cottage" feel

living room is full width and goes up to the single window on the left hand side of the door , the kitchen is opposite that window and goes up to the ridge in the roof , the master bedroom fills from there out to the rear of the small extended roof section out the back , the second bedroom goes to the window on the right of the door and the bathroom is behind that and a similar size to kitchen. fully modernised and well insulated , current tennent (not owner) tells me its cheap to run as long as your not stupid with the heating. thats a field – there is a lawn but the landlord lives next door and says that he maintains all the lawns … bonus

and most importantly good riding near by !

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looks lovely! Ive been looking to buy a place like that but couldn't find one at a decent price (all the bloody developers running around snapping up old properties and pricing me out of the market).

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye CK we are still renting , my missus doesnt have a stable job for more than a year at a time , if we buy it will be to rent out(Through my dad one of your beloved property developer/rental chaps – as a sideline to his building company) and cover our rent/invest more than for us to live in …. its likely that after 2 years here ill be working out of jo-burg SA or somewhere just as lovely for a bit !

coffeeking
    Free Member

its likely that after 2 years here ill be working out of jo-burg SA or somewhere just as lovely for a bit !

Jesus, rather you than me!

trail_rat
    Free Member

tell me about it , but thats the blackgold for you.

Tbh , im quite keen to experiance living other places. supposed to be doing 4 months of 4 on 2 off in equitorial guinea at the end of the year , but it keeps getting pushed back get a nice winter tan from that !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Local trails to the above house seem sweet in a forest of dean kinda way ….. Just been out near by for 2 hrs and only hit a small section. Flowing swoopy singletrack that seems to go forever ….. couple of 600m off road climbs with good decents and the infamous cairn o mount climb is only 4 miles from the door….

Shame i dont actually move in till august 🙁

Pauly

Have a pint of 80 shilling in the Ramsey Arms, Fettercairn for me and say hi to my Dad if you see him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wooop got my new digs !’ is closed to new replies.