Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)
  • WOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Could that turn into an article for the mag? Seems like it would be worth reading… "

I agree it would be good, cheery happy new year story, perhaps for the website.

Jase
    Free Member

Top news.

I once got my GF's bike back after she had it stolen, I won't recount story though as not half as good as yours!

gazman
    Free Member

nice one mate and you`ve also saved others from the same trauma too, they shoud have there fingers removed cm by cm 1 at a time lol

MrNutt
    Free Member

result!! happy days!!

ThePinkster

Would be great if once charged and found guilty the culprits can have their photos circulated to all trail centres and bike shops.

Great idea, but I wouldn't mind betting someone somewhere would be jumping up and down about it "breaching their human rights".

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cracking news. Good to hear someone who wanted their bike back that much rather than just rolling over and admitting defeat and claiming the insurance. If everyone was as commited as you then all our insurance premiums would drop!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nice idea DWB but I'll wager it would just mean insurance companies get richer!

Still, good news Jedi. Glad to hear the thieving scum didn't get away with it.

amedias
    Free Member

I'm still holding out hope that i'll spot mine on the bay or in some classified somewhere…there cant be that many pimped 16 inch mk1 Kona A's out there…

not to mention the other 3 they stole from me, including some one-off green (but no the current light team-green) hope hubs which will be hard to miss….

anyway, congrats Jedi!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I've been on the receiving end of 2 bike thefts (thankfully both over 9 years ago now) – in both cases I'd have rather tracked down and recovered the bikes rather than have the insurance money…

project
    Free Member

Jedi,next time could you please video the chase,and do a documentry,much better than the crap on the tv over christmas.

Did they have a toilet moment when they saw you.
    (shit themselves)

Jamie
    Free Member

……bushwackeds account gets hacked so ebay remove his bid…..

Coincidence or related to the thieves? Either way, an unfortunate time for it to happen.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Cant belive the cheeky sods listed it on ebay for a 1-day auction and raised the princely sum of £600 (did a previous listed items search)

glad the skum got what was coming to them mate – well done & happy trails for 2010

;0)

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Tony,

So happy for you mate, made me choke up 😀

Regards Matt.

geoffj

I don't know you Jedi, but I've always been impressed by your pics and vids. I'm really pleased that you got your bike back – sounds like you could teach the plods and ebay a thing or two.

jedi

its about not laying down.
    they took what was mine. i was never brought up to let bullies get away with it. nor to give up

same thing.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Cant belive the cheeky sods listed it on ebay for a 1-day auction and raised the princely sum of £600 (did a previous listed items search)

People on here were bidding on it attempting to "win"

robgarrioch

Smiled when I saw the thread title this morning & keep doing so since – happy for yer result 😀

hora
    Free Member

they took what was mine. i was never brought up to let bullies get away with it. nor to give up

Totally agree. I don't understand 'the insurance paid out so I'll move on' attitude.

Coyote
    Free Member

Amen to that brother.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Graet to hear good news storys like this one, it must be a huge relief and what a buzz!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

There is no fate but what we make!

stumpy01

Nice one.

hora
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    the black beauty is home

Racist!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice one jedi.

0range5

Only just seen this from a twitter entry, but well done! Good story as well. What's the bike by the way? Someone called it ugly so I'll probably like it!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Pinkster – Member

Great idea, but I wouldn't mind betting someone somewhere would be jumping up and down about it "breaching their human rights".

[Tannoy] TJ to the Forum…. 😈 [/Tannoy]

tails
    Free Member

Hope you have put the seat down see here 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Top news.

I once got my GF's bike back after she had it stolen, I won't recount story though as not half as good as yours!

Well just make it up then you silly bugger 😉

Radioman

Great to hear bike is back. Hopefully the thief will get locked up …unfortunately most likely a bit of soft "community service"….he should be made to dig a new bike trail!!

Bregante

have you left appropriate "this seller is a thieving scumbag" feedback in his ebay profile 😕

jedi

there's a few ebay seller names they go by

orange
    Free Member

excellent news!

jedi
    enfht
    Free Member

So now the dust has settled…

By all accounts these "gentlemen" were professional thieves, so did they just happen to stumble across your car containing the bike (without giving your location away this seems unlikely) or do you think they were actively roaming the neighbourhood?

It's clear now they were not using the forum otherwise they'd have kept up to date with your investigations..

Living nearby from you I'd be interested to know if anyone has any idea how precise their targeting was as obviously your detective work may well have saved my own pride and joy from the same fate 😯

jedi

the guy who had his yeti stolen the day before mine (still not recovered) lives 1 mile from herts shore and rides to hertford (sele) to visit his mum loads. i have never met the old boy but have seen him many times. conincednce?
    also a house in my road has had building work done(finished now) that took weeks. i got vibes since then that things were not right…..

DezB
    Free Member

Read the story on STW yesterday. Sounds like someone should make a film out of it, what with the police blunders and car chases!

jedi

i still cant get the image of the barn owl hunting along the a1 in full snow at night out of my head. it was beautiful.

the police have asked me to assist in future bike crimes 🙂

racefaceec90

have just read this.i'm glad that you got your bike back.i f***ing hate bike theiving scum.hope they have soap on a rope. 😈

enfht
    Free Member

the police have asked me to assist in future bike crimes

You'll need one of these then

jedi

its the way they record stolen bikes. just colour and make. needs to change

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘WOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.