Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wool Jersey advice, Can I shrink them?
  • tommid
    Free Member

I have a number of wool jerseys, but over the last few months I have lost a lot of weight and I wondered weather I could shrink them slightly to get a better fit.
    They are all merino jerseys by Nike or Salsa. Any advice welcome

chakaping
    Free Member

If you don’t have any luck just give them to my wife, she managed to shrink my nice Swobo merino jersey after the first time I’d worn it.

alexpalacefan

chakaping, if you don’t like it maybe you should do your own washing?

Like I do, my On One merino is now Action Man sized!

APF

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

my merino stuff tends to shrink shorter rather than all over – you end up with a wide, short jersey.

Has all your weight been lost vertically?

jota180
    Free Member

Wool shrinks if you wash it too hot, the trick will be regulating how much it shrinks

if you don’t like it maybe you should do your own washing?

Have you seen all those knobs and buttons and – what must be – some sort of Cyrillic symbols/language that no man has a hope of mastering?

d45yth
    Free Member

The problem with trying to shrink them will be that the cotton stitching won’t shrink as much, if at all. You’ll end up with wrinkled/creased up bits around the neck and sleeves.

DezB
    Free Member

the trick will be regulating how much it shrinks

Impossible to regulate I would’ve thought.

Sell em on Ebay and use the money to replace…

cakefacesmallblock

Jota 180. Please don’t get me started, I’m just glad my wife is fluent in “woman” ! She’s a little clueless with carpentry, general building and bike /vehicle mechanics, but if we have a power-cut at home, I’m screwed. Not a hope of getting the t.v back up and running or resetting clocks and stuff. I’m quite happy in my blissful little world and that occasionally I’m reminded that I probably didn’t just want a wife, but maybe another mummy too for my years in regression !

By the way, I hand wash my Baa Baa merino stuff with no probs although the washing machine doesn’t spoil it either.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Nixie managed to shrink his Merino wool top. It went from XL to Basstronics 8 year old son in one easy wash.

chakaping
    Free Member

chakaping, if you don’t like it maybe you should do your own washing?

I do try to now, in order to prevent a repeat.

Bimbler
    Free Member

*waits for picture of on one merino shrinkage, never fails to lol*

emanuel
    Free Member

I got a sweater down to newborn size.easy,wash it at 90

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wool Jersey advice, Can I shrink them?’ is closed to new replies.