Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Woohoooo. Surely this means independence for the North West of England
  • binners

North West Gas!

Parp!

According to the logic of a certain forum member, i forget which, that Scotland could fund itself entirely from Oil revenues to supply free Irn Bru to the entire population for ever…

Then this is surely where we in the North West stand together and demand independence from our tyrannical, Tory southern overlords. And Yorkshire

Blackpool will be the new Venezuela. But who will be our Hugo Chavez? Any volunteers?

johnners
    Free Member

The North West is full of huge chavs – take your pick.

Stoner
    Free Member

Surely this means independence for the North West of England

only if those of us outside of the Pikey Republic of Lancashire can build a wall. A very big wall with no doors 🙂

wors

I was about to put up a post about Fracking, anyone know much about it?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Blackpool will be the new Venezuela.

So I can say I did the Trafford Centre to Venezuela night ride for the BHF? I like this!

How long before we see flames coming out of our toilet bowls though?

Blackpool illuminations 2015:

donsimon
    Free Member

I think it’s a scam and they haven’t found jack, or at least not the quantaties they’re talking about. They’re buying time in the face of strong and vocal opposition.

Junkyard
    Free Member

binners for regional PM

High pressure stuff used to crack [ blow up] the rocks underground to release gas…potentially it may not go where you want and there are stories of places in america where they can set fire to the water straight from the tap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracking

donsimon
    Free Member

places in america where they can set fire to the water straight from the tap.

Isn’t that a win/win if you’re not going to need a kettle or boiler?

Junkyard
    Free Member

suppose and starting fires with your wee does sound kinda cool

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ll get invited to lots of parties with this new trick to show off.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fracking, anyone know much about it?

Simply a shortening of “hydraulic fracturing”

Pump water at a silly pressure into the well untill the rocks crumble and the gas is released (think of it as gas traped in an aero bar rather than the more conventional easter egg).

You also pump down a slurry of sand/gravvle to keep the factured cracks open when the water’s displaced.

However you might want to to dissolve some of the rocks to make life easier. Better pump a load of acids and alkalis down there to do that.

Ohh, and you dont want bacteria to start eating your gas and blocking the pipes, better fill it with some more nasty chemicals.

Basicly you pump a heck of a lot of nasty s*** into the ground, and in a few places this has found its way (unsuprisingly) into the water table and eventualy the drinking water. It’s now banned or very heavily regulated in a lot of countries.

Cougar

Fracking, anyone know much about it?

I know all about it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You’ll get invited to lots of parties with this new trick to show off.

the fire eaters were keen 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is a lame attempt by the writers of the soporific ‘Battlestar Gallactica’ to have swearing in the programme without swearing and every single time I hear them say it, a little bit of me dies.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Basicly you pump a heck of a lot of nasty s*** into the ground, and in a few places this has found its way (unsuprisingly) into the water table and eventualy the drinking water.

The North West is full of huge chavs

So, that’s gas and killing of a lot off chavs into the bargain. Sounds like double win win to me

konabunny
    Free Member

Very contentious at the moment in New South Wales, funnily enough. See “Gasland” – a not great documentary about the impact of fracking somewhere in the midwest (I think).

portlyone

There was a CSI episode all about it.

neilforrow

There is a lot of risk surrounding fracking, but hey it’s only blackpool.

thisisnotaspoon has summed it up, dont get me wrong I am all for extractive industries, if they are conducted in the right way.

if you want to read a bit about it: wiki linky

sweaman2
    Free Member

I seriously doubt that there is 200 TCF of gas under Blackpool. A good well can recover 10 BCF (this is a rough number); 800 wells gives 8 BCF so that is a recovery factor of 4% (which is not very good even for shale gas play)

cranberry
    Free Member

Blackpool is going to be in an axis of prosperity with Iceland and Scotland.

uplink
    Free Member

There’s always been plenty of gas on the Western side of the Pennines – little else mind

wwaswas

Blackpool will be the new Venezuela.

You’d have to be caracas to go to either!

(it helps if you say ‘Caracas’ out loud and make it ryhme with ‘knackers’. And know what the capital of Venezuala is called. I’ll just get my coat now, shall I).

binners

wwas – You’re not getting into the Blackpool frame of mind. Don’t get your coat, shout “I’m here all week”

😀

project
    Free Member

they could use the blackpool tower as a drilling rig, should save a few quid, and with a nice flame on the top.

lol

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Basicly you pump a heck of a lot of nasty s*** into the ground, and in a few places this has found its way (unsuprisingly) into the water table and eventualy the drinking water. It’s now banned or very heavily regulated in a lot of countries.

I stand corrected, let the liberation commence!

http://www.hydrocarbonprocessing.com/Article/2980813/Latest-News/US-shale-study-concludes-no-link-between-fracking-water-contamination.html

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Blackpool will be the new Venezuela. But who will be our Hugo Chavez?

I hear John “Luigi” Prescott’s looking for a job…

RustySpanner

What shall we have as the national anthem?

I’d go for ‘Uncle Joe’s Mintballs’ by Mike Harding, ‘Step On’ by the Mondays or ‘There is a light that never goes out’ by the Smiths.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

easy solution, just import water. Fortunately here in Scotland we have loads. Which is excellent, who needs oil revenues?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What shall we have as the national anthem?

If blackpools the capital then it’s got to involve a ykelieli(sp?)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If blackpools the capital then it’s got to involve a ykelieli(sp?)

It’s got to involve the word “ykelieli”, just for the joy of watching people trying to pronounce it.

RustySpanner

We should definitely have ‘Turned out nice again’ as our motto.
    Look nice in Latin on a coat of arms that, circling a flat cap and a couple of whippets.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Woohoooo. Surely this means independence for the North West of England’ is closed to new replies.