Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Woodstain
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm after a nice medium brown which doesn't look too artifical, something which will blend into the surroundings.

Anyone got some suggestions?

I've bought some Red Cedar and its like brilliant red!!!! not the subtle auburn I thought it might be.

chakaping
    Free Member

My fence is red cedar and I love it…

Sorry, can't recommend anything more subtle. I just like showing off my fence.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah that's it, Someone tell me where there are trees that colour???

I think they paint mars with that stuff

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Look at the Osmo range – expensive but worth it.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What's it for? I've used B&Q own brand stuff a lot in the past. It's actually pretty good stuff. Did my front door recently in their mahogany, looks really nice after a few coats.
    Also used golden cedar, can't remember the brand though, was either cuprinol or ronseal. Very nice, natural colour though. I used it over white undercoat at an indian takeaway to cover previously gloss painted wood and coving. Looked really good when finished, I was well impressed with it.

bruneep

Cuprinol- Golden brown (I think) Chestnut

Needing redone this year 🙄

jedi

wickes own chestnut brown/dark brown for the win

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Its for some wood stuff.

I'm thinking some chestnut colour – Cedar red is just too in your face.

Might mix them – one coat of each to get a nice camo look 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And is it Sikkens (Silkens)? that do good wood stains too?

But seriously – you should look at the Osmo stuff – natural product and easy for subsequent maintenance…
    OSMO

therealhoops
    Free Member

This is a garden gate I built. DON'T BUY B&Q MAHOGANY. It's **** orange when the sun hits it. Will probably look alright in about 10years time.

EDIT: I suppose it depends on what wood it's going on as well. My cross bits went 'Dickinson' because the wood was like a sponge, (seasoned my arse!).

jedi

dark brown or chestnut= herts shore colour 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got some light brown from Travis' and over the top of the red it looks really like the colour I wanted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Woodstain’ is closed to new replies.