Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • woodland night riding – recommend me some lights
  • pnewbery1966
    Free Member

I want to some night time rides around the woodland near me (Chilterns), can anyone recommend a good set of lights (£300 ish), my last ones were rubbish and i seemed to be smacked in the face by branches a lot more than i would like.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You can get good lights for £25

If you dont look where you are going thats your fault 😛

neninja
    Free Member

I’m biased but for £250 you could have a Gloworm set – a Gloworm X2 on the bars and an X1 on the helmet.

A genuine 2000+ lumens with a broader beam on the handlebar and a more spot beam on the helmet (you can customise the beam on either to suit by changing the optics). The X1 2 cell pack is small enough to helmet mount – I leave mine on my helmet all the time now.

They mount low on the front of the helmet so out of the way of branches.

http://www.crgmoto.co.uk/gloworm-x1-and-x2-led-light-system-combo—over-2000-genuine-lumens-1937-p.asp

DrP

Exposure maxx-d on the bars, Joystick on the lid…

DrP

bruneep
    mactheknife

Bought a Luminator from MTB Batteries a few weeks ago and the are absolutely phenomenal, 4 Different settings in brightness. For £125 posted they are best bit of kit i have bought in a long time.

onewheelgood

How do the Lumenator and the Gloworm x2 compare?

saladdodger
    Free Member

try a XML v2 on yer bonce and a Luminator on the bars 3000lm ( apparently) Frigging bright all the same 8)
    Have a look at mtbbatteries.co.uk
    Brilliant service and smudge is an cae guy to deal with
    Oh and from £300 you will have alot of change 😀

neninja
    Free Member

How do the Lumenator and the Gloworm x2 compare?

I’ve never used a Lumenator to compare them but this is what singlespeedstu had to say on a recent thread.

You might also want to look at the gloworm x2

I have both and like the x2 better.
    It’s smaller, looks better made and you can change the optics to suit what you want.
    Don’t be thrown by the claims that the lumenator has more lumens.
    It doesn’t.

OP – as a Premium STW member you get 10% off the Gloworm lights – check out the Tuesday Treats from a couple of weeks ago – the code is listed there. That would make the X1/X2 combo £225!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘woodland night riding – recommend me some lights’ is closed to new replies.