Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Wooden Spoon
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I've been using the same spoon to stir for quite a while now but recently it seems to be leaving a bad taste in people's mouths.

Is there a limit to how long you should use a spoon for? Are there health risk associated with continued use?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The people here don't care for stirring, they prefer a slow simmer, which rises to a fast boil if Top Gear or Jeremy Clarkson are mentioned.

RustySpanner

I refer you to my previous response.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner what was your previous response.

I'm quite concerned as I've heard all about the bacteria that live in wooden chopping boards, and assume the same thing can happen with wooden spoons.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

It could indeed, but when Sainsbury's started doing those 'microban' plastic with antibacterial impregnation chopping boards, they found that wooden chopping boards actually have better natural antibacterial properties than those you could design in to plastic implements.

You could use only well polished highgrade stainless sppons, and autoclave them, but some gut flora is good for you. Manky chopping boards are cheaper than Danone yogurts too.

guido

So what was Rustys previous response????

RustySpanner

Only relevant if you read his previous, now deleted thread.
    The moment has passed, I'm afraid.

guido

Must have been good then…..

RustySpanner

No, it wasn't good, just relevant. 😯

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think I guessed right, early teens, at least in mental age anyway.

guido

Some may say that about people who sing songs using the word 'muff' instead of the real word. we did that when i was about 14.

boblo
    Free Member

Could we ask Kaesae san in to make sense of this please?

I'm starting to find this just a bit anti wood ist and there are limits you know….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'm not woodist, I think wood is fab, especially when wittled into chopstick form.

CoffeKing… You're not being ageist are you?

guido

Not very kind to people with 'mental ages' ether.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need a spirtle. Wooden spoons are too mainstream

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I know a little bird (well I say little) who is up for some serious fun.

I don't think that's you, but I like you anyway. Thanks for the support.

How do I go about complaing about users who are intent on insulting my mental age just because they don't like having fun?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Some may say that about people who sing songs using the word 'muff' instead of the real word.

That's simply observational humour and mildly amusing even if immature. Even on that scale his previous post comes significantly lower, and forms part of a trend rather than the occasional interjection.

TSY – nope.
    IKALB – it bears no judgement of people "with mental ages".

guido

Sorry coffeking i just think that it was a bit out of order.
    "observational humour and mildly amusing even if immature" so you laugh at special needs people then?

coffeeking
    Free Member

"observational humour and mildly amusing even if immature" so you laugh at special needs people then?

Now you've completely lost track of the argument. That comment was discussing the muff thread. It was a direct reply to the quote above it.

guido

What? sort it out. You said this: "I think I guessed right, early teens, at least in mental age anyway."

When you reach the bottom of a hole STOP digging.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

How do I go about complaing about users who are intent on insulting my mental age just because they don't like having fun?

You don't, you just see about starting a forum here

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hey guys chill out. This is a simple thread about the risks of using old wooden spoons to stir things (normally soup).

Please stop saying the word muff on my thread, my parents brought me up to call it a 'Mary', and that the holy grail of all Mary's is a virgin.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This has the makings of a classic.

Kettle's on. Earl Grey alright for everyone? Some nice biccies in the tin as well.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Can I have a hob nob please? 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

What? sort it out. You said this: "I think I guessed right, early teens, at least in mental age anyway."

When you reach the bottom of a hole STOP digging.

THAT was an observation, not meant as humour in any way shape or form. I've not even set foot in a hole in this thread, or the other. If you think I have you're clearly also skiving from school.

guido

Sorry Yeti
    i just hate people who take the mick out of people with mental heath issues.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Me too IKALB, I also hate the fat kid who just stole all my stickle bricks.

guido

Like i said: STOP digging.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Like i said: STOP digging.

Grow up.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Can he say nob….
    can he?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

This is a simple thread about the risks of using old wooden spoons to stir things (

It looks like things are being stirred nicely. Wooden spoon seems to be doing the job just fine.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I prefer the newfangled silicone ones.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not on my thread… not if I can help it.

This thread is for the chaste and the pure who are interested in teh best stirring device for Leak & Potato Soup.

guido

To Your 'Mental Age'?

coffeeking
    Free Member

With the silicone ones you don't get little extras hanging on and spoiling the taste of your soup by getting the wrong recipe.

IKALB – are you genuinely a child? Seriously, because I'll stop arguing and put it down to your age happily accepting that you don't know any better. In fact I'm going to assume you are, because you're making very little sense and using the standard teenage methods for trying to "win" an argument (attempting to belittle the other half instead of presenting a sensible counter argument, or accepting you're wrong). Enjoy your thread.

guido

"IKALB – are you genuinely a child? Seriously, because I'll stop arguing and put it down to your age happily accepting that you don't know any better. In fact I'm going to assume you are, because you're making very little sense and using the standard teenage methods for trying to "win" an argument (attempting to belittle the other half instead of presenting a sensible counter argument, or accepting you're wrong). Enjoy your thread"

I believe the kids call this an Epic Fail

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Coffeking ……. what about at your local coffee shop? Wooden or plastic stirer?

guido

Yeti- he dont actaully go to coffeeshops. They only let 2 school children in at a time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I believe the kids call this an Epic Fail

🙄 oh dear.

TSY – wooden. But single use of course. Damn you've dragged me into it now!

Yeti- he dont actaully go to coffeeshops

Sweet jesus, proof if any for my assumptions.

guido

Give up coffeking- i know its the holidays and you are all excited to be at home but try not to fight with adults

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Wooden Spoon’ is closed to new replies.