Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Woodburner stove, any help?
  • sam444
    Free Member

Need a nice cheap woodburning stove, just to do the job through winter, overall want to keep the process nice and simple! Anyone know how I can do that and where to get it from?

highclimber
    Free Member

you need to speak to a heating engineer really as we don’t know the layout of your house/fireplace.
    Anything over 5Kw requires ventilation hatch in the room, and you might need a chimney liner (highly recommended anyway). All waork has to comply with part J of the building regs and as such is notifiable to Building control unless you get a HETAS engineer to do the work as they can sign it off. it’s not just a matter of opening a fireplace and installing a stove and will cost you a small fortune – even for a small fire!!

totalshell

i’m an installer and thier not a money saving option, more a lifestyle choice.
    you dont need a HETAS engineer unlike gas they are not compulsory. if you want a building cert. HETAS reg. engineer can do one for you though if you want one.. ( it costs us circa a grand to take the exams and register..)
    frankly most house sellers just take out an insurance premium when selling or say ” it was in when i moved in”

globalti
    Free Member

Make friends with your local chimney sweep, he will advise you on the flue and install the stove correctly. He will also make provision for sweeping!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Woodburner stove, any help?’ is closed to new replies.