Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Woodburner Installation Quotes – help please
  • Buzzard
    Free Member

I was shocked when I got a quote this week for a woodburner installation. Wondering what the collective here think (especially as trendy wooburners seem popular around these parts)

Convection stove (Morso badger), freestanding flue (no fireplace) up through the 2nd storey (boxed on 2nd storey as its in a bedroom) and straight into the roof and out the ceiling. Ive had two quotes (including all parts and labour) ranging from £4k to £4.5k. Can that be reasonable? If so, then i might need to rethink that particular idea.

br
    Free Member

Sounds about right, we paid not far off for ours (2 storey inside but no boxing as it was open all the way).

Just add up the parts, labour, scaffold (if required) etc and stick VAT on and it’s easy to get there.

FYIW Flue’s are not cheap, especially dual-wall.

sc-xc

How much of that is the stove?

We paid £1900 for installation – this was external pipe that went up the wall to about 60cm over roof line.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks to be a 1k-1300 quid stove….

totalshell

about right for a supply and fit..

Stoner
    Free Member

Bit toppy IMO.

I have two flues – both running straight breaching two ceilings/floors and the roof.
    Each flue set:
    6m x 6″ twinwall
    2x firestops
    2x brackets
    Storm collar
    Storm cap
    Silicone flashing
    Lead flashing

Both have taken two guys 1 day to install. I think I paid 2x £200 for labour on the last one, the rest was materials. And he’s a brilliant worker – ex REME. Really fastidious. Will get a pic up.

the one in 2009 was £1,300 the last one done last month was £1,600 – no VAT charged on installed price, but materials costs would be incl VAT.

Add to that an hour or so for stove installation, carbon monoxide alarm, HETAS paper work + cost of stove.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Just had a Morso squirrel installed last week.
    £1800 including slate hearth The stove was £800 the slate was £120, but only a 4 metre run of liner inside existing flue, new chimney pot etc. Took 2 guys two days to fit, bit only about 8 hours in all as the cement for the slate had to go off before siting the stove. Great work, and the best price I could find.
    Considered installing it myself and then getting the HETAS ticked off when finished, but would work out to be more expensive when accounting for the amount of time it would have taken me to complete it with my lack of expertise!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I was shocked when I got a quote this week for a woodburner installation.

You weren’t thinking of getting one to save money on heating bills?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Four grand for a metal box and some pipe, madness!

franksinatra

Twin wall flue is really expensive. Get the quote broken down and you will see that the flue is probably as expensive, if not more expensive, than the stove itself.

we paid about that for a Charnwood stove and full height, two storey, twinwall flue. In or case it exited the house at stove level and ran up the outside but this makes no difference to cost.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Thanks all

Will get the breakdown and take it from there. perhaps I was being unrealistic.

redstripe
    Free Member

wherabouts are you OP?

welshman2000
    Free Member

Hi we just had a log-burner installed with a twin wall flue system. Its a nice modern design and the guys did us a great deal. Cost was £1500 all in installed through two floors. We visited the factory in Lancashire so we got a better deal. http://www.vestastoves.co.uk. Ask for John he is the guy that helped us. Will put pics on a bit later when the fire is running.

oldschool

Welshman2000, be interested to see the finished job and and any reviews you have once running. I’ve been looking at Vesta stoves as they are only up the road from me and would rather buy locally. Cheers.

br
    Free Member

Cost was £1500 all in installed through two floors

Streuth, all-in Stove/Flue/Labour etc?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was 1200 about two years ago, included everything except the stove, only going up the height of single story bungalow though. Stove is a charnwood country 4, so was about 550 on top of that IIRC.

ratadog

Around 2800ukp a couple of years ago including under 1k for stove. Old house with modern fireplace in front of old alcove for small cooking range. Plaster hacked out, alcove rendered, stone hearth restored chimney lined with flue.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Woodburner Installation Quotes – help please’ is closed to new replies.