Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wood Stove – typical cost to have one fitted?
  • s
    Free Member

I know a few of you on here have wood burning stoves, so hope you don’t mind me asking a question about cost:

Planning to have a wood stove fitted by a HETAS approved installer.

Just trying to guage if the first quote I have had, is about right cost wise?

The Stove will cost £650 for a Defra aproved smoke free version.

Will need a stainless steel liner, stove pipe, & cowl & register plate fitting, fireboard internals to fireplace, new stone hearth & make good plasterwork, plus a CO detector, smoke test, certificate, etc.

Been quoted £2k, which includes the cost of the stove, all parts & labour.

Does that seem about right to you?

ransos
    Free Member

That’s cheap. I had a quote nearer £4k!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

About 2.5K all in for ours for S/S liner, stove pipe, register plate, hearth and all fitting with a 1.2K-ish stove.

s
    Free Member

Thanks stoner & everyone else

Very helpful

Guess it a busy time for the firms now too 😉

nbt

Ours came in around 2k – stove, fitting, hearth rebuilt, chimney liner fitted and plastering to make good

flatfish
    Free Member

about £1400 including the stove at about £650

martinhutch

Just to say you don’t have to involve HETAS. I was quoted 2K just to line the chimney and fit the thing from two HETAS guys near me. It actually cost me £1500 including knocking out the chimney breast, plastering inside, new hearth, liner, stove etc.

I did this by doing my homework on the regs, then getting it fitted by a competent builder and signed off by the local authority. None of it is rocket science if you take the time to read Part J of the Building Regs and work out what you need – its all pretty straightforward stuff.

s
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member

Just to say you don’t have to involve HETAS. I was quoted 2K just to line the chimney and fit the thing from two HETAS guys near me. It actually cost me £1500 including knocking out the chimney breast, plastering inside, new hearth, liner, stove etc.

I did this by doing my homework on the regs, then getting it fitted by a competent builder and signed off by the local authority. None of it is rocket science if you take the time to read Part J of the Building Regs and work out what you need – its all pretty straightforward stuff.

Its a good and valid point martinhutch, I have not looked into the regs that much TBH, I am only going on what my home insurance company seem to want if I have one fitted.

But I think I might look it this a bit further, thanks for the tip.

martinhutch

If you get it signed off under building regs, you’ll have a building regs certificate for the work, which would surely be enough for an insurer?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve just been quoted £2k for a Charnwood C-four, fitting and putting a liner in etc. All in job the guy said.

midlifecrashes

If you have a typical chimney, in good nick, built as part of the house, you probably won’t need a liner either.

Dobbo

Ditto, my nextdoor neighbour had done his so we did mine, hired a roof ladder bought flue liner and bits online & stove locally. Did it to regs and got it signed off, and it’s as good as getting it HETAS installed. They are just qualified to sign there own work off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wood Stove – typical cost to have one fitted?’ is closed to new replies.