Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wood pellet boilers… anyone used a Nibe Pellux 100?
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

Hi all,

We’re looking at this biomass boiler that has been recommended to us by a local company, but it looks like quote a new product and can’t find any info on it in terms of reviews or user experiences.

Has anyone seen or heard of Nibe pellet boilers, or specifically the Pellux 100?

Thanks!

Robin

Stoner
    Free Member

never heard of them in the UK, but theyre obviously big in Sweden.

All depends on local service and support really. There’s other brands who’ve been in the a while with good support and trained engineers (e.g. Windhager. *waves at Bear* )

What kind of price have you mean quoted for the boiler? Are you having a thermal store installed too?

robinbetts
    Free Member

For the boiler with separate hopper and a 250L un-vented cylinder we’ve been quoted about £13k installed. This boiler can feed directly into the heating circuit so you don’t need a thermal store.

I thought that I should get a quote from another company, as £13k is a lot of cash! but the next company quoted for a Windhager and that was £27k!!

From what I’ve read Windhager seem to be a favourite, but at that price the’re not even remotely an option.

Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

£13k seems pretty good value.

If you want a comparable “lo-tech” quote (windhager is tres posh), try a woodviking pelletmaster. £7.5k + thermal store/cylinder and installation.

https://sites.google.com/site/woodviking2010/pelletmaster

installer
    Free Member

Hi Robin

I install these for a living amongst other things, having recently installed a Nibe pellux 100 (I have lots of other nibe products installed including a ground source heat pump in my own home) I would recommend you do not install the pellux…. I have never had so many call backs to a job. Windhager units installed all fine with not call backs. ETA are the same. Both slightly more expensive… not sure about the Windhager quote you have… seems way over the top. Unfortunately I’m based in the north of Scotland, I’m guessing your down south or I would quote you for a Windhager. Best of luck look for previous customer recommendations… its how most of my work comes to me.

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wood pellet boilers… anyone used a Nibe Pellux 100?’ is closed to new replies.