Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wood floor installation £65m2, is that typical?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Getting quotes for a floor installation.

For fitting engineered boards as a floating floor is working out at about £65 per sq metre.

Is this typical? Seems a bit high to me.

rwc03
    Free Member

Does sound a bit steep, sorted out my friend’s floor for £50ish per sq metre for 36m^2 room. Engineered boards were £30ish per sq metre and labour was around £600 for 3 guys to lay the floor, fix the skirting and a do a couple of other small jobs.

Used http://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk/ for the boards

alanl
    Free Member

I’d expect £10 – 20 a square metre to fit it., depending on area / awkwardness.
    I can, pretty easily, do a typical bedroom, (what, 20 sq m?) in a day, including new skirting boards. My usual day rate will be £150, but usually less than that for floors as there is little skill involved compared to other stuff I do.

ericemel
    Free Member

I wish!!! I shudder at the bill for the hand laying and restoring of the reclaimed parquet my wife has chosen.

But for normal stuff, seems steep.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I think some of the expense is that it’s a hallway in bungalow and has 6 doorways, makes things a bit more complicated.

alanl – where are you? I’m guessing your not near me in the SE?

wrightyson
    Free Member

[tannoy] calling deadly darcey to the forum [tannoy]
    Where the hell is he at the minute? Can’t be busy surely?

Earl
    Free Member

Did that including varnishing/oiling?

I oiled myself before it was layed. I got 40sqm done in just less than a week by my builder £150/day – 5 days in total – so £18/sqm. 3 rooms – bit fiddly in places i.e. we wanted it to go under our breakfast bar and cabinets. And he did an amazing job around the fire place.

Skirting was done separately.

wwaswas

I oiled myself before it was layed

you might want to rephrase that 😉

khani
    Free Member

I wish!!! I shudder at the bill for the hand laying and restoring of the reclaimed parquet my wife has chosen.

Make sure you’re sitting down when they give you the quote..
    Especially if it’s not been cleaned off before you buy it,
    I did it myself when my mrs got some off eBay,, it still had bitumen on the back and was a pita to clean, it looks lovely now it’s down and should last longer than me, but never again…
    Laid and sanded

Varnished

DeadlyDarcy’s the man on here for floor advice..

Kryton57

wrightyson – Member
    [tannoy] calling deadly darcey to the forum [tannoy]
    Where the hell is he at the minute? Can’t be busy surely?

Don’t interrupt him, he wants to go home tomorrow….

Fwiw I got mine from here http://www.factory-direct-flooring.co.uk/abbey-calder-oak-21mm-brushed-oiled-plywood-core-engineered-flooring.html some good sale prices.

I’ve got 5m2 of that ^^ sealed and boxed spare at a good price if anyone’s needing a small project

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wood floor installation £65m2, is that typical?’ is closed to new replies.