Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wood burner suggestions?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

As everyone on here seems to have one, I will soon look to upgrade an old Park Ray coal fire which was on the house when I bought it.

The house is now insulated properly. I’m wanting to have an external air intake and it as efficient as possible. Looking at the Burley Fireball range.

They look very well thought out and effecieny is high but they are a lot of dosh.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also, do thermal blinds make sense (the ones which have an air gap) or is this a marginal gain?

Ells

granny_ring

KW?

BigEls
    Free Member

Roughly 8-10KW.
    The Burley range are good and need less as their heat output is better for size of stove.

How would an eBay cheap one compare to expensive ones – is there a real difference?

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ve just installed a Heta 45 which so far has been really impressive and got a Hunter Herald 8 slimline being installed tomorrow.

We had a cheap ebay special in place before. It looked ok, but the seals we’re crap and it just sucked in air everywhere so it would burn like crazy but put little heat into the room.

For me i’d suggest a proper brand. At least you know it will work and burn efficiently

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Roughly 8-10KW.

You must have a very very big room! That kind of output would be too much in most living rooms.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wood burner suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.