Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Woo Hoo!! Great Opportunity
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yep, I too have been made redundent.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bastards. They made you wait all weekend?

Good luck with the prospective new job, though.

Bastards.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So they changed their mind about the split role then.

Hope the other job comes through

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yeah, i have a second interview on Friday with a company I was talking to before the redundency.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good luck mate. Ask if they need Java people 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Buy the brewery!!! 🙂

Soup
    Free Member

Good luck chap. Every cloud etc etc

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good luck mate, but I reckon you’ll be fine……

What can possibly go wrong?
    😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

WCA, you’ll be fine. There’s something about you that makes it obvious. Good luck!

JulianA
    Free Member

Good luck with the second interview!

(By the way, it’s ‘redundant’ and ‘redundancy’: might help…!)

Just don’t offer to make any electrical equipment for them or take your axe to the interview!

Perhaps you could buy your prospective employers some Leffe and give them free tickets to a certain cycling event coming up this year?

Seriously, all the best!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cheers all, just about to start the ‘New Start Leffe’

JulianA
    Free Member

Is that an especially large bottle? 😀

Might just open another can of beer myself (it not being a school night for me as I haven’t worked for ages!). What do I mean might? Definitely going to open another beer and watch University Challenge!

Andy

one door closes etc etc. Good luck with the interview mate. Been redundanted twice. Both times was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Sandwich

If it all goes wrong you can be a state sponsored rider and Big Bike Bash organiser.

singletrackmind

Good Luck Nick.
    If you don’t get the job maybe we should talk.
    I can email you some numbers if your interested.
    My place all but shut down , boss banking on a tranche of cash from Sir Gerry Robinson MP, if it comes off he’s laughing, if not, cheap brewery on the market. Sir Gerry making a tv program on business suffering in the recession. winnning business gets £100k plus some of his time. loosers get made redundant.

woodey
    Free Member

WCA – you are in pre-sales right?

Any experience in Telecoms?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Well I hope this provides you with an opportunity to find a better and more secure job. Good luck for Friday mate 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

woodey – Telco, pharma, manufacturing and finance are my main areas basically focussed on information management and business processing

DezB
    Free Member

pharma = pharamceuticals?
    Sounds like you should send your CV here…

grumm
    Free Member

They started talking about redundancies at my work today, but it was sort of ‘oh we don’t think we will have to make people redundant, don’t panic, panic isn’t needed, definitely don’t panic’

Strangely the word I remembered was ‘panic’. 😛

MrNutt
    Free Member

good luck ya great galah! 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DezB – Here is where?

grazzer1
    Free Member

Queue Lords Wood building frenzy.
    Good luck Nick

DezB
    Free Member

Covidien. Health care company in Gosport. Used to be part of Tyco, before that Cyanamid.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

grazza – The workmans trail in open again. The jump site has a new roller line. There is an entirely new trail called the Redundency Trail starting near the mopeds crossroads. Heading up there for some more work soon.

tyger
    Free Member

Woodey – I could be interested. tyger@talk21.com

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Oi ! Easy Tyger, it was me he was after!

woodey
    Free Member

sorry lads, filled last week 🙁

Olly
    Free Member

welcome to STW fired club

Trekster

Talk of a closure for 2wks at easter saving on stat hol payments and a further 2(at least)closures during the yr. 24/365 process so not easy/poss to do away with a shift or weekend working, way too much disruption. Whats being proposed is a gamble on start-ups anyway, could lose as much as is saved(projected). Raw material suppliers are losing custom and therefore running into viability problems. Propping up customers struggling with payments etc all adding up. We are/were profitable, considered a “world leader/innovator” but bankers don`t care.

vadar
    Free Member

Good luck to you matey!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I have a strong lead with a company that makes the software I’m an expert in. But they are being taken over by IBM so I think it might be hard to squeeze me in…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Woo Hoo!! Great Opportunity’ is closed to new replies.