Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Woo-hoo!! Got Glastonbury tickets :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

It's going to be a week of muddy fields for me, MM then Glastonbury… should be a fun few days 🙂

Any STW'ers going along (to Glasto)?

singlecrack
    Free Member

no need I can hear it from my house

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Nice one, we got ours first time round, have you been before? It's a blast, we have such a laugh there!
    Only issue this time round is going to be having to park further away than usual due to them letting people park up the night before…

Now wondering which village singlecrack lives in!

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, we went 2007 & 2008, but skipped last year… looking forward to this one, 40th Anniversary, U2 & Muse, should be a blast!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Check out New Model Army while you're there – excellent live band

Del

oh man. have to get back there again. done about 9 or 10 over the years.
    advice – camp on a hill, and find the high spot, take the biggest tent you can lay your hands on, get there as soon as you can, and take wood and something to make fire with. mark a circle out around your tent entrance and fire spot. we had about an inch of water running through our camp one year. the place is one big bowl. depending upon your direction of approach, pennard (sp?) hill ground is a good spot. near enough to the action but far enough away, if you know what i mean. easy access to the railway track, and therefore most of the site, and within easy striking distance of the green fields.
    oh! and a pair of goretex socks will be the best 30 quid you ever spent in your life.
    get well stuck into the brother's cider too. i'd suggest 'a sharpener' at about 11am. 😆
    roll one for me while you're there. 😉

m0nster2
    Free Member

Had my chance today … but didn't bother 🙁
    Only had the foresight to register myself and not the Mrs.

Got a pass to go with mates but thought it would be an unwise choice in the big scheme of things …

tang
    Free Member

not this year, my dad will be there with his stall as usual! my childhood was one of festivals. from 1975 to 1999 think i only missed 1 glaston! kind of fell out of love with it. however, this year will be great, 5 days of music! might drop in…the weirdest year was staying with friends who live in pilton, out all night but stumbling into a house, yet still hear the festival going. wake up do normal things and then descend into the chaos!

Ringo
    Free Member

yep been every year for the last 15. Take the kids with me now but im lucky enough to get a a caravan and other priveleges. im normally on site 2 weeks before hand its nice being there before the crowds come in 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Shall be working there. Pop in and say hello. Lostkidz

Edric64
    Free Member

I can hear it from my house as well the **** noise keeps me awake all weekend and the area is awash with dirty smelly bstards and it takes ages to get to work

RichPenny
    Free Member

Not been since 2003, but I'll probably go next year just so I can moan about how much better I think I can remember it used to be 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

never been, too far, too expensive.

Went to Reading once, 1986. Missed the bands I really wanted to see, apart from NMA (of course). By the time Sunday night came round I was shattered & slept through Saxon. No great loss I grant you but still, being able to sleep while that racket was on???

stanfree
    Free Member

Never been to Glasto but done the v festivals and TITP a few times. Once got hammered mid afternoon and fell asleep on an inflatable armchair in the middle of the crowd whilst Stereophonics were on. Im not a big fan so wasn't bothered .

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Sell the bloomin tickets in only shops again….the interesting people aren't up on their laptops at 9.00am

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Woo-hoo!! Got Glastonbury tickets :-)’ is closed to new replies.