Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wonderfull time at lee quarry
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Well just thought i’d let you all know what a splendid time I had at lee quarry! In the end I took the bike to the local bike shop and he put the required amount of air in to suit the conditions of lee quarry, which I found very enjoyable riding apart from a lot of the downhills were far too rocky and I found myself pushing a lot of it :D. So if you’ve never been there and are thinking of going, I recommend you take great caution and where suitable body armour. All in all I had a jolly good time and found fellow riders to be exceptionally friendly. 🙂

lord
    Free Member

there are some decent folks in stacksteads 😉

philfive
    Free Member

No need for body armour

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What do you mean by “required amount of air”?

philfive
    Free Member

Pumped it up 🙂

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

The correct amount of air pressure in my tyres buzz.
    I suppose wearing body armour is your choice but I would recommend it for lee quarry, there were also a few downhillers there and they were all armoured up too, so it must be relevant.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I was there too (yesterday) riding a black evil sovereign with a white urge helmet. What were you on?

I normally don’t like Lee Quarry when the weather’s nice (prefer to be in the woods as a Quarry is quite bleak at the best of days) but the views from up at the top were pretty good and you have to admit it felt FAST being so dry! Bring on the summer.

philfive
    Free Member

but then you don’t need a downhill bike in Lee quarry either 😀

portlyone

Full body armour might be a little OTT but even a small off means falling onto rock. I tend to wear knee protection there while I don’t wear it anywhere else.

Bet it was great fun in the dry.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Don’t feed the trolls 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tyre-pressures-for-lee-quarry

Are you real? Seems like a silly question.

As for trails being too rocky there is only one that I would say ia quite rocky and thats the one that is in the south west corner that comes around the edge of the quarry wall and then ends just next to the lake. But then I got hit by a massive gust of wind that nearly blew me in.

This one.

philfive
    Free Member

ache that is the Balck route and is an amazing bit of trail.

i’ve crashed so many times up lee quarry its unreal but i’ve only ever worn knee protection. body armour is OTT in my opinion.

fell off riding Dads up in grizedale and have a massive bruise on my knee, wish i had worn knee pads then 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Phil when I went the weather was terrible it was wet and very windy, the above trail required quite a bit of concentration and luck not to be blown off it. I really want to go back on a day like this weekend and ride it how it was ment to be ridden.

philfive
    Free Member

Yeah it can be terrible up there but it’s a cracking piece of trail, was better when they had a skinny log on the run off from the slab

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wonderfull time at lee quarry’ is closed to new replies.