Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • wonderful world of bottle cages…
  • alpin
    Free Member

the cage i have fits, but i can’t easily remove the bottle and the rocker touches the bottle when the suspension compresses.

it is a Small Race/Medium Normal.

anyone else had this “problem”?

do those bottles with the magnet thingies work? how robust are they?

or can anyone recommend a decent sideopening cage?

cheers in advance….

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Elite Ciussi side opening.

In fact, Elite Ciussi for everything.
    It’s not pretty, it’s not light. It just holds bottles.

thenorthwind

I have a couple of Elite side opening cages, which work very well. Never dropped a bottle out of one.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just get a side entry cage

NormalMan

Spesh zee cage.

thenorthwind

The ones I have are like this: http://www.highonbikes.com/elite-ciussi-side-access-bike-cycle-water-bottle-cage.html

…but they have some similar Elite ones on CRC for £1.49 😯

jonnyboi

that’s handy, I have the same issue with my scalpel.

TiRed

Elite ciussi for value. Side entry is helpful. Never lost a bottle and never had a problem reaching and replacing them. Arundel Mandible for bling. Again easy to use but not cheap.

They use ciussi in Paris Roubaix rather than their normal carbon bling. That’s all.

alpin
    Free Member

no love for the magnetic bottle thingamies?

kraken2345
    Free Member

Might be worth looking into that bottle with small plastic stubs where the bottle cage bolts go. I’ll have a quick look

kraken2345
    Free Member

Fabric cageless water bottle review

It’s minimalist and could be the solution. Obvious downsides come if you race and need to grab a standard bottle from pitstops or what have you. For trail riding though I’m going to buy one soon to try out as it’s so cheap

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

The fabric and magnetic cages are very much niche. I know people who’ve *had* both.

Had is the important word. They are ok for light use and low weight. But anything vigorous, rushed or generally at risk of being inaccurate (race etc) they are fairly rubbish.

Many people have persevered though.

jonnyboi

but they have some similar Elite ones on CRC for £1.49

just bought four in the CRC sale, and some weird net co2 holder for 99p!

TiRed

Those fabric bottles are dreadful. I have them on the cross bike. Whilst the idea is great, just try and take and replace a bottle in earnest. Needs a lot of practice and/or stopping and that’s on the road. Off road I’d use a camelback!

akira

I’ve used fabric ones for racing and a few things, not had any issues just a slightly different way of taking out/putting in.

canopy
    Free Member

I know its OT but since its not been mentioned…

when i went full suss (a medium) first thing i did was replace the bottle nuts with plastic blanks and buy a camelbak.

main reason was i was used to carrying two bottles, and the bike couldnt really do it, even one bottle was a squeeze.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 elite cuissi (or any elite really 🙂 )

antigee

Elite Ciussi side opening.

In fact, Elite Ciussi for everything.
    It’s not pretty……

[you can say that again]It’s not pretty[/you can say that again]
    [you can say that again]It’s not pretty[/you can say that again] etc

I’m not fussy on what my bikes look like but even I did a double take on these but I guess if they work but they don’t look like they will either!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘wonderful world of bottle cages…’ is closed to new replies.