Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Women…you have to love em ….right??
  • brack
    Free Member

After nearly a years hard graft to renovate my new pad….the kitchen is the last to be done.

So with expensive slate tiles fitted….we decide to take a rare break and allow a friend to fit the kitchen work top, come home – jobs done fantastic, slight leak to waste pipe but hey ho…nothing a bucket and a replacement trap can't fix.

Good nights sleep…leaving the girlfriend to have a lie in as I have an early start for a 12 hr shift 7 – 1900.After work we then go for a meal and stay at her place…Just as Im getting into bed for another early shift…she says…

'oh I think your taps might also be leaking as there was a puddle on the floor in your kitchen when I woke up'…

FFS….you have to love em!!

So guess where Ive just driven back to and have had to isolate the taps??

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

some numpty leaves all your pipes leaking and it's the woman's fault ??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Need a hug Simon?

Not got your hole recently?

brack
    Free Member

Noh 🙄 its not her fault that the taps are leaking…these things happen! Jeez you clearly have never done any major house reno if you think it all goes smoothly. BUT

Why on earth would you forget to tell someone that there was a puddle on the new slate….? Just as you are getting into bed.

LOL

eldridge
    Free Member

Just as Im getting into bed for another early shift

This sounds as if you equate getting into bed with your gf for sex, with dragging yourself to a workplace you hate

Time for a new gf?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

[/quote]Not got your hole recently?

what a charming expression 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

maybe the problem is with timing, which I think from personal experience, is a valid point. My wife, and many girlfriends before her, will/would usually wait till I am nearly or completely 100% engaged in another activity, before asking a question/pointing something out/asking me to do something.

Men are often great at focusing on a single problem at once, it makes them very good craftsmen. They don't look to the next table/painting/time machine but concentrate on the one they are working on right now. It's been known for women to mock this amazing skill and call it an inability to multi-task but I prefer it to be recognised as the ability to do one job properly rather than lots badly. Not always being able to achieve this level of focus, I suspect it's difficult for all women I've ever had a relationship with to recognise when it's a bad time to say something.

Obviously that's my fault and not theirs.

Travis

well it least it shows that your gf is being observant and caring

Onzadog
    Free Member

"That one" she says
    "The junction we just passed" (on the motorway)
    "That's the one we wanted"

It's all in the timing!

grievoustim
    Free Member

samuri – you are very right

i think of this female love of multitasking, more as an ability to make a stewed, near cold cup of tea at the same time as say watering the garden.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Women…you have to love em ….right??’ is closed to new replies.