Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Women's Specific Back Protector
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

My wife has agreed to come to the Antur Stiniog uplift (which will be her first time on an uplift) so I want to get her some back protection. There doesn’t seem to be loads of choice for women specific (unisex clothes normally doesn’t fit her to well). Anyone with any real life experiences?

I’ve got a back protector in my Camelbak, but mine is too long for her as she is only short. I see EVOC make a small pack with protection but it seems a waste buying a pack when she already has a nice women’s specific Camelbak one. She is not keen on the vests that have a strap around the stomach.

Not wanting to spend mega money in case she doesn’t like the uplift and only uses it for one day, but want to balance that with some decent protection. She said she would probably stick to the blue runs on the day.

allthegear
    Free Member

I was about to suggest going to a motorbike shop but then I noticed the preference to not wanting a waist belt. To be honest, I’m not aware of any back protectors that do t have a waist belt of some kind?

Rachel

Tracey

Have a look on Start Fitness site. They are selling off the Scott backpacks with the built in protector from £35 and you should be able to use the latest discount code on top of that. We have both sizes and don’t have a problem with the length of them. Our daughter has got the EVOC one for all day on the trails.

andyt1054
    Free Member

I was in a similar situation last year, the gf’s first time at bike park wales…

She managed really well with a 661 body armour in men’s size small, she has used it plenty of times since – she’s only 5’7″ and thin build. She says it’s comfortable, she only struggles with the shoulder protection- which is sometimes tough to fit in her biking clothes…

legend
    Free Member

iirc the best one my missus found was a Salomon one.

breninbeener

My daughter is tiny for an adult and uses variously a Salomon ski back protector, or some small adult 661 kit. She seems happy with it, but it may depend on her shape etc

1timmy1
    Free Member

Thanks all for the feedback! I was looking at some skiing ones, but I didn’t know if they would be a little warmer than a mtb one? That Scott pack is a little shorter than mine and has a height adjustable waist belt, so she liked the look of it. Plus at level 2 protection like mine and with the 10% off code also means its £35 delivered. We will try it out and see if she likes it in the flesh.

singlespeedstu

Mrs stu uses the Evoc one.
    Seems fine but she’s not fully tested it yet…

legend
    Free Member

but I didn’t know if they would be a little warmer than a mtb one?

No different to any mtb/mx one i’ve ever seen. They aren’t something you use to keep warm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Women's Specific Back Protector’ is closed to new replies.