Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Womens Sky team?
  • irelanst
    Free Member

I’ve just been out with the dog and saw 4 women all in a white Sky kit (same as the usual kit but white where the black normally is) they were all on team Sky coloured Pinarellos. They asked for directions to a hotel nearby, the one who talked to me was Dutch, not sure about the others. Is a team being formed or were they just YWIL’s (Young Women in Lycra)?

thehustler
    Free Member

Maybe If they have got further than the talking stage, wiggle honda already have ties to sky thru Wiggo’s foundation so its a defo possibility

unklehomered
    Free Member

hope so, I’ve been frustrated by ‘token’ women’s events such as that race before the end of the tour de france. Hoping the Women’s Tour of Britain goes full lenght next year and there’s a women’s Tour de Yorkshire as well when that kicks off.

loddrik
    Free Member

Where they hot?

jambourgie
    Free Member

?

Well?

I need closure.

atlaz
    Free Member

Well the women’s season has finished so it may be that Brailsford has gone and done it and signed people quietly. You’d hope they have signed Vos (was that who you spoke to?) if they want to win as she’s dominant.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

We need more women pro teams. More people taking up cycling than ever before and it can only be good for us. Every new cyclist is hopefully one less idiot motorist.

Oh and as an aside fit women in lycra, what’s not to like??

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Pretty sure I saw one of the Wiggle Honda ladies above Hebden Bridge a few weeks back. Wearing full pro kit and looking seriously ‘fast’ in a very athletic way – tiny lady though.
    I’m seeing more and more women out on road bikes so a new pro women’s team can only be a very good thing.

irelanst
    Free Member

No it wasn’t Vos unfortunately, I think it would take very big bucks to get her to leave Rabobank.

They all had the really good tans that only pro cyclist seem to have and they looked tiny – which was what initially made me think they were not just dressed up in replica kit.

@loddrick, bearing in mind I’m old enough to be their dad, one of them in particular was very pretty.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Let’s hope their kit is a bit more subtle than the Columbian team IDRD

Thought we’d got past this sort of stuff sometime after 1975.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I wasn’t actually sure what I was seeing then! 😯

twistedpencil

Whoa, that strip is double taketastic…

Christ I do worry what goes through some peoples minds, don’t let Sepp Blatter see that photo.

JAG

Hmmmm so the Columbians are taking Women’s cycling seriously at last then 😯

jkomo

That is not even pleasant and I like women.

MoreCashThanDash

I couldn’t think of an appropriate response but I think jkomo said it quite well.

chip
    Free Member

That is not even pleasant and I like women.

I think it’s only fair to see it from behind before passing judgement.

It does look much like my action man did without his Keks,

i_like_food

Thumbs up for a womens Sky team, if it happens.

Thumbs down (and a slightly disconcerted frown/nose wrinkle) at that Columbian kit… just wrong.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Womens Sky team?’ is closed to new replies.