Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Womens Saddle
  • badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good womens MTB saddle

Cheers

NormalMan

Charge ladle and Spesh BG range recommended by my wife and daughter.

legolam
    Free Member

I’m not getting on with my Charge Ladle, but my Specialized BG one (now sadly discontinued) is amazing. Definitely worth the embarrassment of measuring my own arse.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Spesh BG range owner here for a few years now, nothing comes close in terms of comfort especially for people who arent on it regularly.

vickypea
    Free Member

I have a Specialized women’s-specific MTB saddle and it’s brilliant. Unfortunately I can’t remember the name, but there are probably only 2 or 3 women’s MTB saddles made by Specialized anyway. I also have a Specialized women’s roadie saddle and I’m happy with that too!

badlydrawnchalk
    Free Member

Are all the BG saddles ladies and whats the sizing? Any other thumbs up for the Ladle?

lapierrelady

Thumbs up for thy ladle, using it on both road and mtb

Anna-B
    Free Member

No, BG = body geometry and I believe men’s in this range too. Go to a Spesh dealer, sit on gel pad, they sell you the right size saddle. I have two Spesh BG, they’re great. Bit concerning that they have discontinued something though as above!

missnotax
    Free Member

Yep, I use a Spesh Ariel in a 143 width… Works for me!

legend
    Free Member

Anna B – Member
    No, BG = body geometry and I believe men’s in this range too. Go to a Spesh dealer, sit on gel pad, they sell you the right size saddle. I have two Spesh BG, they’re great. Bit concerning that they have discontinued something though as above!

Not forgetting the 30 trial period. Don’t like it and you can just swap it for another regardless of the amount of riding you’ve done on it. 30 days even starts again when you get the next saddle.

FWIW, Mrs Legend has tried the Ladle and a couple of Specialized ones and is still struggling to find something that works. The road bike is absolutely fine, the mtb not so much

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Wife wants another couple of Santa Cruz’s Julianna saddles. Not sure if you can get them now. She has ( muggings is ) a new build on the go and has the Charge Ladle for this.

ART

Charge ladles here too + the Juliana ones, still have a few from when they first came out & they will probably be available again now the new Juliana range has been ‘relaunched’.

wallop

I get on really well with both the Spoon and the SDG Bel Air but I think my sit bones are quite narrow (even though I have a fat arse). I stand up quite a bit though.

rOcKeTdOg

My OH has 3 charge Ladles & loves them

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.selleitalia.com/se_it3/prodotti/road/pagina_diva/
    Missus swears but the Sella Italia Diva range

nickjb
    Free Member

Another +1 for the ladle (from the wife). Its cheap enough to give it a go.

organic355
    Free Member

another +1 from the wife on the selle italia Diva.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Got female friends who swear by the Selle Italia Diva too but seeing as everyones got different arse bone shapes maybe sit of a gel thingy and get measured. Also good shorts make a huge difference.

cinnamon_girl

Selle Italia SLK for me. Minimalist saddle plus minimalist padding works for me. It’s on all my bikes.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Womens Saddle’ is closed to new replies.